Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They haven't contacted me about it either. Pick up is currently scheduled for Saturday. I am going to drive down there with a printout of my Dealer Funding Request form from USAA and my trade in Subaru and hand them over when I've inspected the vehicle, I guess. If they do contact me I would have no problem sending them the DFR earlier if they ask.
I’m with USAA, I had them send the DFR.

Thanks for the insight. And the Sunday night EDD update.... back to June Jail!

Here's what I'm thinking will happen, given Tesla's lack of F's to give and my glass half empty outlook. I get a VIN the 1st week of March, and based on the order tracker it takes about 5 to 6 days from VIN to get to Vegas if I remember correctly (shows 2rd week of March). It'll be EOQ and they'll expect me there right away, forgetting they need to update the sales agreement/MVPA to remove the tax and registration stuff, as well as get me a drive away tag. They'll give it the old college try, but due to EOQ, the department that does the updates won't be able to and so I'll get the ultimatum to take it by the EOQ or my order will be canceled after waiting for ~220 days with zero holds or funny business.

Oh, and I'm committed to a living kidney donation event from March 27 - March 31 (checkout markscotch.com if anyone is interested in a good news story), so will not able to ask how high when they say jump at EOQ.

I just can't see this going well TBH.

Edit: I've called and emailed the Vegas DC to try and get a jump on the paperwork and zero response.
Your mileage may vary, but I found communication with Tesla to be much better after a VIN was issued. I was surprised when they were willing to adjust the delivery appointment when I mentioned having to renew registration on my trade-in just for a day if they stuck to their initial delivery appointment (very expensive in Seattle). They were willing to adjust time windows on delivery day, and seemed eager to take time to go over the car in detail at delivery. Even got a follow up call from the local SA a couple of days after delivery.

I am sure you'll let the folks contacting you after you get the VIN about your constraints. If the folks your dealing with are anything like the people I was dealing with post-VIN, you should see them try to accommodate your requests.

I’m with USAA, I had them send the DFR.
I had to send the funding request three separate times before it was completed - a week after pick up.

Once to the support email they gave me for my service center, and twice to the advisor who conducted the delivery. I had to call customer support after the third attempt to have them prompt that advisor to send me an acknowledgment that they had the document. Was not the smoothest. But I already had the car, so I figured if they wanted to get paid for it they would sort it out.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
I called my delivery center and they gave me an email. It took less than 5 minutes.

Guess I could do that. Or wait for them to ask. I will give it a day or so. Tesla knows it's 3rd party loan. :)
This morning Tesla Text asked me to email a current photo of my trade in odometer to Boise Tesla. I had uploaded it when I arranged the trade in a couple of days ago, but I did so again. Now I know their email address. Of course, there's no one to look at it, because they are closed Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Guess they aren't that busy in Boise! I suggested I send the Dealer Funding Request form and they said "Sure" (like, "what a good idea! Hadn't thought of that!").

All in all, it's a fine experience.

How did the service go? Did they give you a loaner or just the Uber credit thing? My car was a champ in the snow yesterday 0 sliding at all. This morning slid a little but it was icy AF down in south Reno.
Service went well! They were very diligent in accommodating all needs.....picking up the vehicle this evening, as my issues were minimal. No loaner vehicle, but got the $200 daily Uber credit. Was nice to have even though I still have my CX-5 haha.

Had some snow experience driving on the highway yesterday, and seemed like some of the melted snow pockets caused a slight hydroplane while switching lanes, but overall wasn't too crazy. I don't have the most confidence in the all season tires (Goodyear Eagle) that my MY has, but I figure it might not be an issue until a really big storm passes through.

Reactions: DrGriz
For anyone who has picked up from Burbank, CA, did they give you the Option to do either pick up or home delivery? Spoke to someone from the customer service number yesterday and the rep told me that Burbank is only doing home deliveries, unless you live 40 miles away. 🤨

I do not know if anyone has been looking for any under-seat storage, but I was on an accessories thread and a poster mentioned in passing that they used the Tesla Charging Bag as their under-seat storage container. I had no idea it fit. Not only does it fit, but it has the "velcroey" material on the bottom that keeps it from sliding. It was a revelation for me. LOL. It has some slight insulation, so an ice-pack can keep drinks cold, it zips. If you are looking for under-seat storage it's a pretty great alternative.

For anyone who has picked up from Burbank, CA, did they give you the Option to do either pick up or home delivery? Spoke to someone from the customer service number yesterday and the rep told me that Burbank is only doing home deliveries, unless you live 40 miles away. 🤨
Saw a couple on the September thread who picked up in Burbank location. Doesn't make sense for them to only do home deliveries, especially in Los Angeles.

Service went well! They were very diligent in accommodating all needs.....picking up the vehicle this evening, as my issues were minimal. No loaner vehicle, but got the $200 daily Uber credit. Was nice to have even though I still have my CX-5 haha.

Had some snow experience driving on the highway yesterday, and seemed like some of the melted snow pockets caused a slight hydroplane while switching lanes, but overall wasn't too crazy. I don't have the most confidence in the all season tires (Goodyear Eagle) that my MY has, but I figure it might not be an issue until a really big storm passes through.
I got the winter tire package (Pirelli) and I’m quite happy with the performance on snow. A LOT better than my CRV AWD, and I would say it is as good if not better than my earlier Outback (Subaru), which was outstanding in snowy conditions. In fairness, I only have the car for a few weeks, but we had quite a bit of snow in Toronto in these last weeks.
IMHO, if you live in a place that has winter, you need snow tires. Don’t get me wrong, if it snows a couple of times of year, than it is not worth it, but otherwise the main concern is breaking and getting to a full stop.

Reactions: kjudd11 and DrGriz
Saw a couple on the September thread who picked up in Burbank location. Doesn't make sense for them to only do home deliveries, especially in Los Angeles.
That’s what I thought too. Just saw that it’s indeed true and they will not be doing pick ups only home deliveries. Also had it confirmed by someone else on the (510) text number.

That’s what I thought too. Just saw that it’s indeed true and they will not be doing pick ups only home deliveries. Also had it confirmed by someone else on the (510) text number.

They're still doing pick up. But looks like they moved back to the Tesla dealership as opposed to the parking garage a couple blocks down the street. Not sure though if it's for good or just temporary.

I finally hit my delivery window over the weekend (February 19 - March 19) and on February 20 I woke up to a new window of March 4 - March 18. Now today I woke up to May 22 - June 19! Order and profile completion date was 8/28. 178 days and now I’m in the infamous June jail. I can’t understand it. Initial quote of January and now this.
MYLR7 White/Black/Tow/20”

I finally hit my delivery window over the weekend (February 19 - March 19) and on February 20 I woke up to a new window of March 4 - March 18. Now today I woke up to May 22 - June 19! Order and profile completion date was 8/28. 178 days and now I’m in the infamous June jail. I can’t understand it. Initial quote of January and now this.
MYLR7 White/Black/Tow/20”
Something about the curse of the 3rd row, I'll bet.

Yes, those were scheduled prior to the change. Anything scheduled last week moving forward will be at home deliveries.

Attachments

• 5EDD8A9B-DF46-419D-BBC9-DE725C6CA278.jpeg
    5EDD8A9B-DF46-419D-BBC9-DE725C6CA278.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Mathnerd103
I got the winter tire package (Pirelli) and I’m quite happy with the performance on snow. A LOT better than my CRV AWD, and I would say it is as good if not better than my earlier Outback (Subaru), which was outstanding in snowy conditions. In fairness, I only have the car for a few weeks, but we had quite a bit of snow in Toronto in these last weeks.
IMHO, if you live in a place that has winter, you need snow tires. Don’t get me wrong, if it snows a couple of times of year, than it is not worth it, but otherwise the main concern is breaking and getting to a full stop.
Better safe than sorry, always!

Reactions: in2survive