Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had nearly the same March dates a few weeks back, and then bumped to almost the exact same April - May dates as you - but I ordered mid October.
I had those March dates too, t hen moved back to April, then to Mid April - Mid May, now Mid may - June. Not very happy, but what can I do. On the plus side, I have a good working ICE with a Full tank of gas (before big bump in prices). Downside, don't want to pay for another tank as prices getting crazy.

So just got off phone with Tesla call center. Trying to get info on why my August order has pushed out even further. He did tell me they made a change to calculations mid Feb to base it on order date not profile date, so profile issues shouldn’t push out EDD.

But still, he saw nothing wrong with my profile. I said I would assume if they changed it to be based on order date, it would have moved in, not out, as the 2 month delay in profile complete wouldn’t have an effect.

No real indication why my date is what it is, or if it will change and get any better, really no information other than the Info on change in calculation

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and samori01
So just got off phone with Tesla call center. Trying to get info on why my August order has pushed out even further. He did tell me they made a change to calculations mid Feb to base it on order date not profile date, so profile issues shouldn’t push out EDD.

But still, he saw nothing wrong with my profile. I said I would assume if they changed it to be based on order date, it would have moved in, not out, as the 2 month delay in profile complete wouldn’t have an effect.

No real indication why my date is what it is, or if it will change and get any better, really no information other than the Info on change in calculation
That sucks

Reactions: BGOwner and DrGriz

It clearly does suck. Interesting to know that they are now basing on OD not OC/Fin. You wonder if that policy is retroactive or not. Hopefully you are in a June Jail sort of thing and it will pull back.

It clearly does suck. Interesting to know that they are now basing on OD not OC/Fin. You wonder if that policy is retroactive or not. Hopefully you are in a June Jail sort of thing and it will pull back.
The way he made it sound, it’s for all orders. I saw someone post something similar a few weeks back about the change but just now remembering the post. Still, didn’t help me much

The way he made it sound, it’s for all orders. I saw someone post something similar a few weeks back about the change but just now remembering the post. Still, didn’t help me much
I saw that, too. Hard to be certain if it is true because you are not the only one waiting.

You would really think they want these >6 month orders off the books.

I was told the same thing Thursday when I talked to my DC person... that they are prioritizing by Order Date, not profile date, which is what I always thought made the most sense anyway. Given that, I suspect there are orders date ahead of yours (and mine) that now bump their EDD ahead of you, whereas before their profile date was after yours.

For example: an OD of July, that knew the trick/game and intentionally stalled profile completion because of BBB or Austin or whatever (accident too), completed their profile in Jan. Previously they would have an EDD after you. Now they would be before you, since they ordered in July and you ordered in Aug.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
I was told the same thing Thursday when I talked to my DC person... that they are prioritizing by Order Date, not profile date, which is what I always thought made the most sense anyway. Given that, I suspect there are orders date ahead of yours (and mine) that now bump their EDD ahead of you, whereas before their profile date was after yours.

For example: an OD of July, that knew the trick/game and intentionally stalled profile completion because of BBB or Austin or whatever (accident too), completed their profile in Jan. Previously they would have an EDD after you. Now they would be before you, since they ordered in July and you ordered in Aug.
Oh, 100% agree with that July order, see next post. But, what about those September and later orders that still have an EDD of March and April. Well maybe march that area already close to getting VIN got locked in but not ones 3 or 4 weeks out.

Reactions: DrGriz
Oh, 100% agree with that July order, see next post. But, what about those September and later orders that still have an EDD of March and April. Well maybe march that area already close to getting VIN got locked in but not ones 3 or 4 weeks out.
Who knows... except what I do know is that a Magic 8 Ball only had 20 sides, so I'm guessing the EDD system is now broken and probably stuck in a Do-Loop until it's upgraded to something that used 30 or more sides.

• Funny
Reactions: BGOwner
My OD is July 6, 2021 and I am in the June 2022 jail now ( Third week of May to 2d week of June ). I was on TBD for 6 months and only got into a June 2022 jail few weeks back. None of the theories discussed above have worked for me. Most of the July orders I have seen have been fulfilled. Customer service is unable to answer. They only yell at you when you call them. I am also a Tesla shareholder. I reached out to the Board of Directors on this too. A one year wait for a car with no explanation on how things are done is unacceptable for any company. This is a Tesla black hole for which there is no accountability at all. At my last call with the customer service rep, he politely asked me to cancel the order and "go away". It is pathetic!!!