Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most ****ed up thing is my profile completion date - I had it completed in October with a Tesla finance approved. When the finance got expired, I just let it be and sometime in Jan changed it to cash. Now, m PC is 1/23 and not October. I was clearly told at the Fremont factory showroom that orders post November have OD being considered. For us it’s our PC date 😞

Why are just us the chosen ones? Is Tesla waiting for us to cancel our orders since they will be incurring a loss making our cars?
Won’t cancel mine. If I take Delivery after July, I get Illinois EV rebate. My current ICE is in good condition, just gas prices.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to wait for the state EV incentive to kick in, will take delivery tomorrow, if I get a VIN, but if Tesla makes me wait, it is financially better for me.

Just received this text

“Tesla Update - Exciting News! Your Tesla is on track to arrive as early as this month. Please reply MARCH if you are ready for the vehicle as soon as it comes down. Otherwise, please reply with your preferred month to take delivery and we will follow up to let you know if your order is eligible to be placed on hold or if it's subject to cancellation.”

Just received this text

“Tesla Update - Exciting News! Your Tesla is on track to arrive as early as this month. Please reply MARCH if you are ready for the vehicle as soon as it comes down. Otherwise, please reply with your preferred month to take delivery and we will follow up to let you know if your order is eligible to be placed on hold or if it's subject to cancellation.”
Interesting text. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or has Tesla changed their wording. Like this format

Reactions: Otter2007
I had to go to page 3 to find this thread!
You’re not. When we did a count last week, there were 15 outstanding orders.

And keep in mind this is an extremely limited sample. Heck, I didn't even reply to that but am also waiting on an order. There are probably thousands of unfulfilled August orders still.

Interesting text. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or has Tesla changed their wording. Like this format
They asked me about my payment method, then sent this:

“Tesla Update - We are excited to get you the Tesla when it's ready. Please make sure to self-schedule your delivery date as soon as you receive the link as text/email. If it's not selected the vehicle will automatically be released from your account. Thank you.”

The most ****ed up thing is my profile completion date - I had it completed in October with a Tesla finance approved. When the finance got expired, I just let it be and sometime in Jan changed it to cash. Now, m PC is 1/23 and not October. I was clearly told at the Fremont factory showroom that orders post November have OD being considered. For us it’s our PC date 😞

Same kind of thing here. I had zero idea by not having chosen cash from day one I ended up pushing my order out by months.

Reactions: Ashmad
I had to go to page 3 to find this thread!

And keep in mind this is an extremely limited sample. Heck, I didn't even reply to that but am also waiting on an order. There are probably thousands of unfulfilled August orders still.
Yes, definitely limited. It just helped to know we weren’t the only ones waiting.

At least you can use the past tense. How was delivery last weekend? Did you post your pictures?
Very true. Delivery went pretty well, except for getting locked out my account. I couldn’t make my ACH payment or accept delivery through their app, but they were able to manually override it. I posted a picture in this group on Saturday. 🙂

After all those texts yesterday from Tesla about taking delivery in March, my dates changed again today to April 9 - May 14
Gah! Noted: Don't get hopes up even from a text. Sigh.

Mine just went from late April - May back to late March where it had been at some point earlier. I really need to stop looking at this thing. I'm set up to pick up from Dublin, CA, which is a few miles from Fremont so they could squeeze me in at the very last minute. I fully expect to be told I can have a car if I can pick up by midnight 3/31 and don't mind that the paint's still wet.

Reactions: sacraM3nto