Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning my EDD narrowed down to 3/25-3/31 and then a few hours later I got my VIN.

Located in Chicago, Fremont build and VIN is NF399xxx
Wait what? it was 6/7-7/5 and then updated? Maybe someone passed on it, my config too. Wish it was my DC, mine is in Highland Park. If you dont want it, I can drive into the City to pick it up. :p

I ordered by Model Y in August for a 3 year lease. I took delivery in December (I was one of the lucky ones), and now, looking at the queues get longer, I’m wondering how long I have to wait before I get in line again. I wouldn’t be surprised if I have to get back in line by this time next year.

Current demand is crazy and growing. I wonder if Giga Texas will be enough!!

Just checked my EDD, now slipped from June to September, almost 14 months after my order was placed. When I placed my order end of July/early August 2021 was supposed to get October delivery, then December, then February, then March, then June, and now September. Paying cash, no trade in. Frustrated.
That sucks, what is your configuration, and when was your profile completed? Also, have you tried to contact Tesla about your order? Not that they will say much.

Reactions: Otter2007
Hi Y'all so glad many of you are getting your cars, rooting for the rest, the market is crazy
I'd say the wait will not be half bad knowing that you locked a price before the crazy hikes
The Model Y LR now starts at 63000 (that is 10000$ more than the price I locked when I ordered in Aug 2021)
The 3 is above 54K and the X is all the way to 140K!!

Hi Y'all so glad many of you are getting your cars, rooting for the rest, the market is crazy
I'd say the wait will not be half bad knowing that you locked a price before the crazy hikes
The Model Y LR now starts at 63000 (that is 10000$ more than the price I locked when I ordered in Aug 2021)
@eric.freeman Glad to still see you lurking. hope the new MYLR is treating you better, I think last I heard you had a Tire issue?

That sucks, what is your configuration, and when was your profile completed? Also, have you tried to contact Tesla about your order? Not that they will say much.
MYLR5 Black/Black | Wheel: 19" | Tow: Yes | FSD: No.

I completed my profile in October 2021. Called Tesla a couple times, everyone was nice on the phone but they said there really wasn't anything they could do. Fingers crossed that I take delivery sometime this calendar year. Its encouraging to see that others here are getting their model Y's, maybe mine will show up soon.

Reactions: Otter2007
August team... I was just issued a VIN - with a March 25-29 delivery! I mentioned in this thread a couple weeks ago that my EDD shifted from 3/2-3/30 to March 15-29 and then suddenly to June 8-July 6. All in the span of several weeks. I called Tesla last week and they 'escalated to logistics' due to the aging OD. Not sure if this made a difference. This does seem to be a bit of a pattern though.
How long did it take after getting escalated to Logistics to get your EDD updated? I have a similar EDD of June - July for a very old order. I called and it was escalated today.

Isn't it 9k more? Price changed to $53990 on 7/22/21 and it is $62990 today. Which is still a lot of money that we saved by ordering in August!

Isn't it 9k more? Price changed to $53990 on 7/22/21 and it is $62990 today. Which is still a lot of money that we saved by ordering in August!

My exact config is $8,150 more today, but back then MSM was $1k and the order fee was only $100 vs $250.