Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Y'all so glad many of you are getting your cars, rooting for the rest, the market is crazy
I'd say the wait will not be half bad knowing that you locked a price before the crazy hikes
The Model Y LR now starts at 63000 (that is 10000$ more than the price I locked when I ordered in Aug 2021)
The 3 is above 54K and the X is all the way to 140K!!
My fear is that Tesla will start to prioritize the delivery of cars purchased after the various October price increases and the prices increases from yesterday and last week at the expense of pre-October 2021 orders. Since RMs cost so much more today it just makes business sense to fulfill the higher revenue orders first. I wonder at what point Tesla will start to adjust the sale price of vehicles ordered months ago. I'm sure they have their lawyers working on that right now.

Last edited:
My fear is that Tesla will start to prioritize the delivery of cars purchased after the various October price increases and the prices increases from yesterday and last week at the expense of pre-October 2021 orders. Since RMs cost so much more today it just makes business sense to fulfill the higher revenue orders first. I wonder at what point Tesla will start to adjust the sale price of vehicles ordered months ago. I'm sure they have their lawyers working on that right now.
Well, if they had delivered my order anywhere close to my original EDD I'm guessing they wouldn't have to be worrying about it. Also, they are so proud of their 30% margin, so they are not even close to losing money on Aug orders.

Reactions: Otter2007
I am afraid that has been happening for months, which is why why August people were not prioritized

Strange, to me at least, is only the base price goes up. The options are all the same price, which isn't what I've seen elsewhere or what I would have anticipated.
Model Y$39,990.00
Deep Blue Metallic$1,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive$14,000.00
Destination Fee$1,125.00
Documentation Fee$75.00
Order Fee$250.00
Car Price$56,440.00

So maybe they bumped up just the Long Range All-Wheel Drive or the Model Y

Model Y$39,990.00
Deep Blue Metallic$1,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive$14,000.00
Destination Fee$1,125.00
Documentation Fee$75.00
Order Fee$250.00
Car Price$56,440.00

So maybe they bumped up just the Long Range All-Wheel Drive or the Model Y
Mine is exactly the same, but once you order price is locked in as long as you dont make any changes. Only new orders will see the increase.

Model Y
$39,990.00
Midnight Silver Metallic
$1,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$14,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$250.00
Car Price
$56,440.00

Reactions: andrew01760
How long did it take after getting escalated to Logistics to get your EDD updated? I have a similar EDD of June - July for a very old order. I called and it was escalated today.
My order date is August 6, 2021. MYLR, White, Black/White interior, standard wheels, tow hitch. I noticed that the EDD of March just changed to June 07-July 05. I've not yet called in to Tesla to see what's up; I don't even know what phone number to call. Do you know where we call to see if it can be escalated to logistics?

Mine is exactly the same, but once you order price is locked in as long as you dont make any changes. Only new orders will see the increase.

Model Y
$39,990.00
Midnight Silver Metallic
$1,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$14,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$250.00
Car Price
$56,440.00
Checking in....yikes, still no car!?!!

Reactions: BGOwner
My order date is August 6, 2021. MYLR, White, Black/White interior, standard wheels, tow hitch. I noticed that the EDD of March just changed to June 07-July 05. I've not yet called in to Tesla to see what's up; I don't even know what phone number to call. Do you know where we call to see if it can be escalated to logistics?
I called the number for my local Tesla showroom and pressed 1 for sales. It will direct you to a regional call center.

Reactions: kingkong5
Any of you straggler August orders from CA get the MARCH text from Tesla last night? Flurry of them in the September and October order threads, but I haven't seen the same here. Apparently they are doing end of quarter CA deliveries for some people. Nobody got a VIN so far as a result.