Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t checked in here for a while, but I’m shocked to see there are still August orders pending. I have a friend that ordered a month ago (MYLR5, red) and his delivery is supposed to be in May, but we all know how it works…
I hope you get your card soon! As everyone else said, this car is a whole different level. I freaking love driving it.

I too would have already canceled if i hadn’t already spent almost 2300 in getting charging ready and accessories i can no longer return.
Looks like we have the same build too. Let's hope things get better for us. Also, I texted with Tesla SA today and brought up that I've seen people get old orders escalated, they said they've been there for 10 years and never seen that happen. Also wouldn't tell me what I could change with my spec to possibly get delivery sooner, really helpful

Looks like we have the same build too. Let's hope things get better for us. Also, I texted with Tesla SA today and brought up that I've seen people get old orders escalated, they said they've been there for 10 years and never seen that happen. Also wouldn't tell me what I could change with my spec to possibly get delivery sooner, really helpful
Sounds like in 10 years they haven't been helpful to anyone or useful either. Wonderful.

Sounds like in 10 years they haven't been helpful to anyone or useful either. Wonderful.
Yeah they’re pretty useless. Wouldn’t spend any time contacting them as we honestly might know more then they do. Thing is Tesla keeps getting rewarded for doing this to its customers because when people get desperate they start getting the FSD. So they’re probably just waiting for us to do the upgrade too or just cancel the order.

When conversing with your SA, have they offered to escalate your deliver if you updated the configuration - say Induction wheels or FSD or other?

Second question, if anyone received the verbal offer and turned it down, are you willing to go on record?

When conversing with your SA, have they offered to escalate your deliver if you updated the configuration - say Induction wheels or FSD or other?

Second question, if anyone received the verbal offer and turned it down, are you willing to go on record?
SA wouldn't even answer the question when I asked if changing spec would impact delivery, dodged the question the first time, and then said, "Actually we have those coming more commonly." (referring to my current spec)

Anyone think they stopped Y production at Fremont a month ago? We all got pushed out…. Anticipating Texas operating and delivering Model Y from April 7 onward?

We may have been in an awkward spot Edd wise but now we benefit getting the newest iteration from Texas? I doubt it’s 4680 and honestly don’t care, it’s a good car as is.

Anyone think they stopped Y production at Fremont a month ago? We all got pushed out…. Anticipating Texas operating and delivering Model Y from April 7 onward?

We may have been in an awkward spot Edd wise but now we benefit getting the newest iteration from Texas? I doubt it’s 4680 and honestly don’t care, it’s a good car as is.
I think it’s a possible scenario but there have been VIN numbers issued from Fremont up to last week of March.

Reactions: cusetownusa

When I look at the VIN tracker on this site it looks like no one is getting VINs in April.

VIN issued count by day.

1649170975137.png

Start of Quarter usually is slower with VINs, same thing happened in January.

I have had no change April 15 - April 29, I actually got a call yesterday from a Delivery Advisor. Just went over paper work to verify everything is ok but no change in status still waiting on a VIN to get assigned. So nothing I need to do until VIN is assigned.

One thing I did ask was about the chance if getting a Texas made model Y. He had no idea, only thing he know is no model Y's has entered Canada in the passed 3 weeks, so it's just a matter of waiting for when the deliveries start again to see where they are coming from. So I'm still hopping but I will be happy with what ever I get.