Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi y'all. joined this forum to commiserate as i'm kind of about to throw in the towel on my order, haha.

OD: 7/31/21
MYLR5/White/White/20" - Carrier Direct delivery to Vermont

No holds ever - Been in TBD jail since DEC (!?) My SA totally ghosted me and I've been essentially spamming the chat on the tesla site periodically to no avail. kind of at a loss on how to proceed except maybe forget I ever ordered and maybe I'll get a VIN someday? Only things I think that may be screwing me is my location (even though i've offered to fly down to NJ for pick-up), and the fact that my profile was set to finance until a few months ago when someone moved me to cash? But - no one I've spoken to has answers :/ same canned responses. Anyone have any TBD jail success stories or tips/rationale to hold out hope?

hi y'all. joined this forum to commiserate as i'm kind of about to throw in the towel on my order, haha.

No holds ever - Been in TBD jail since DEC (!?) My SA totally ghosted me and I've been essentially spamming the chat on the tesla site periodically to no avail. kind of at a loss on how to proceed except maybe forget I ever ordered and maybe I'll get a VIN someday? Only things I think that may be screwing me is my location (even though i've offered to fly down to NJ for pick-up), and the fact that my profile was set to finance until a few months ago when someone moved me to cash? But - no one I've spoken to has answers :/ same canned responses. Anyone have any TBD jail success stories or tips/rationale to hold out hope?
I was in September (no year) jail for awhile and then it changed to 8/2-8/30. Not sure that really helps you. Interesting thought on offering to go to a different location for pick up. I wonder if any else has tried that.

You need to call your Tesla regional call center and ask them to escalate your production. Just call your local gallery and then I think it’s option 1 for vehicles and 1 for sales. Also make sure you don’t have a trade in on your order.

If you have Carrier Direct on your account, that’s why you’re in TBD jail. Doesn’t mean you don’t have a date in the system, they just won’t show you a date. Learned that the hard way in January/February. You should be able to remove it for now and add it back once you have a VIN (that’s what I did).

Reactions: Tezla. and Firocity
Arrived today
B9D2D7F9-7F72-4BAD-8AC6-C236023557DD.jpeg

I'm in pretty much the same boat. OD 7/27, Blue/White no FSD or Tow. Just got moved back from 5/2-5/30 to 5/26-6/23. I am frustrated too, and maybe because we are on the east coast, we are the last to get our cars? I guess because we waited so long, it's almost like we can't throw in the towel. I will say this, given the waiting, I will certainly look at other EV's down the road when I go shopping for my next car. For me, the fact that when I ordered, I was given an October delivery date, it seems ridiculous that they could be off by 8 months, if not more....

Reactions: mrewright
If you have Carrier Direct on your account, that’s why you’re in TBD jail. Doesn’t mean you don’t have a date in the system, they just won’t show you a date. Learned that the hard way in January/February. You should be able to remove it for now and add it back once you have a VIN (that’s what I did).
I had a feeling this had something to do with it (thank you so much for sharing your advice) - is this something I can do in my profile or should I call? I am feeling apprehensive about continuing to get in touch with Tesla as I feel like they probably think i'm acting like a Karen at this point...

I'm in pretty much the same boat. OD 7/27, Blue/White no FSD or Tow. Just got moved back from 5/2-5/30 to 5/26-6/23. I am frustrated too, and maybe because we are on the east coast, we are the last to get our cars? I guess because we waited so long, it's almost like we can't throw in the towel. I will say this, given the waiting, I will certainly look at other EV's down the road when I go shopping for my next car. For me, the fact that when I ordered, I was given an October delivery date, it seems ridiculous that they could be off by 8 months, if not more....
My first date was October too but my SA in person (Peabody, MA - do not recommend lol) at the time was like, eh December more likely. I totally feel your frustration and am honestly starting to look into lightly used MY and paying the mark-up because my husband's mitsubishi outlander literally has zip ties keeping some components together and a very expired inspection sticker (which is what we were trying to avoid based on our initial ETA for the MY!)

You need to call your Tesla regional call center and ask them to escalate your production. Just call your local gallery and then I think it’s option 1 for vehicles and 1 for sales. Also make sure you don’t have a trade in on your order.
I've done that a few times and I'm not sure it's done anything :( I get the same canned response which is a bummer. I almost wish someone would share contact information for a genuinely helpful SA. I hear all these stories through various forums of people's SA's actively researching config. matches and it sounds like a dream haha.

I had a feeling this had something to do with it (thank you so much for sharing your advice) - is this something I can do in my profile or should I call? I am feeling apprehensive about continuing to get in touch with Tesla as I feel like they probably think i'm acting like a Karen at this point...
You’ll have to call. It’s ok, you’re definitely not the only one who calls them haha. You could even chat with them through the order page or text them, but it’ll be something they can easily change.

It depends, if you have a really old order some SAs will attempt to escalate. Also try going in to your local Tesla store.
Like Firocity said it does actually work as I am living proof. As an early September order (Sep 2), I was escalated and approved for escalation (very big difference as they can deny it) and that was the only time I got movement was after the escalation. I also called, and visited the local store etc...

Reactions: Tezla.
It depends, if you have a really old order some SAs will attempt to escalate. Also try going in to your local Tesla store.

Like Firocity said it does actually work as I am living proof. As an early September order (Sep 2), I was escalated and approved for escalation (very big difference as they can deny it) and that was the only time I got movement was after the escalation. I also called, and visited the local store etc...

Ok, thanks for the information! I ordered 8/12 so I will try again and see if I am able to get it escalated. Thanks!

Reactions: Antonius138
Interesting. Visited my local sales center/dealership and they informed me there is no such thing as an escalation. The said that the information on the app is the latest available.

• Disagree
Reactions: Antonius138
Interesting. Visited my local sales center/dealership and they informed me there is no such thing as an escalation. The said that the information on the app is the latest available.
Unless it was something that my SA made up (could be so never 100% sure), but my local office confirmed that an escalation was in place and it was the local sales office and the Tesla customer service number that confirmed that there was an accepted escalation.