Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Humm, refreshing my trade in quotes. Tesla’s has gone up 2k. But that was from last year. Some of the other quotes have gone down. And are hardly more then Tesla’s. Tesla offered me 19,000. With tax savings, I need an offer over $20,300 to make more.

Looks like this time, Tesla’s offer is the best deal.

Also, was at DC today to fix my trade in option as it never went to processing status. (They fixed it in 2 min). Found out my car is still in transit and due to arrive on Sunday. Since they are closed Sunday’s, they will inspect the car Monday morning for my Monday afternoon pickup. While the SA did say they show no missing parts, and that they know ahead of time if it is, I am still worried that they will end up pushing my appt.

SA was actually a little surprised I had a Monday appointment, and my EDD range didn’t start till Tuesday.

Humm, refreshing my trade in quotes. Tesla’s has gone up 2k. But that was from last year. Some of the other quotes have gone down. And are hardly more then Tesla’s. Tesla offered me 19,000. With tax savings, I need an offer over $20,300 to make more.

Also, was at DC today to fix my trade in option as it never went to processing status. (They fixed it in 2 min). Found out my car is still in transit and due to arrive on Sunday. Since they are closed Sunday’s, they will inspect the car Monday morning for my Monday afternoon pickup. While the SA did say they show no missing parts, and that they know ahead of time if it is, I am still worried that they will end up pushing my appt.

SA was actually a little surprised I had a Monday appointment, and my EDD range didn’t start till Tuesday.
Wow, the information SAs provide is really uneven. It seems like someone or some system should know as soon as the vehicle rolls of the product line if it is missing parts. Yet a few days after I received a new EDD with my VIN Tesla moved my EDD up a week only to slap a parts hold on the vehicle start sliding the EDD out a day everyday.

I’m glad you’ll be getting your vehicle soon. It’s been a very long wait for you.

Reactions: BGOwner

Almost exactly what happened to me.

Just a few more days for you to wait!

Wow, the information SAs provide is really uneven. It seems like someone or some system should know as soon as the vehicle rolls of the product line if it is missing parts. Yet a few days after I received a new EDD with my VIN Tesla moved my EDD up a week only to slap a parts hold on the vehicle start sliding the EDD out a day everyday.

I’m glad you’ll be getting your vehicle soon. It’s been a very long wait for you.
Fingers crossed. I am so worried that when my car gets to the DC and they inspected it on Monday, something will happen and I push

Reactions: Silence88
I reached out to my SA a few days ago to try to get escalated and never head back. I tried customer support and got this response

"Thank you for reaching out. Delivery timing is affected and prioritized based on profile completion, manufacturing availability along with vehicle configuration. Please note, we never make promises or guarantees on delivery timings, we can only provide estimates.

With that being said, there is no escalation paths as delivery estimates are subject to be pushed back or pulled forward however we are unable to predict a customer’s delivery estimate nor can one be requested."

Sigh I guess the waiting game continues. I tried to tell them I got bad information regarding profile completion from my SA (he told me profile was complete 8/28/21 but it wasn't. I found out reading forums that I had to put cash in January 2022). They just don't seem to care.
I share your anger/frustration. Same thing happened to me. I was given the wrong instructions. I wasn’t told to complete the finance portion to “complete my profile”. No instructions to set to “cash”. Completed/approved/accepted financing on Jan 2021 but ended up expiring 60 days later which puts me back to “incomplete profile” therefore removed and placed back of the list again…. Why aren’t they looking at ORDER DATES?? And prioritize that?. I see orders from December get VINS before some of us, it’s crazy

Reactions: mrewright
I share your anger/frustration. Same thing happened to me. I was given the wrong instructions. I wasn’t told to complete the finance portion to “complete my profile”. No instructions to set to “cash”. Completed/approved/accepted financing on Jan 2021 but ended up expiring 60 days later which puts me back to “incomplete profile” therefore removed and placed back of the list again…. Why aren’t they looking at ORDER DATES?? And prioritize that?. I see orders from December get VINS before some of us, it’s crazy
So so so frustrating! I tried to ask them but they just gave me the run around. You would think they would go by order date since the profile completion is fake because people only put it to cash to move up in line.

i usually post when my edd gets pushed back not usually before so let’s see if this changes my luck any for tomorrow. Last week I had my 12th edd change (from the time I started to track the changes). Tomorrow is the start of my current edd range and I’m nervous. The august group I feel like isn’t getting as much movement as the sept and Oct groups. Do you guys feel like it too or just me? 😅anyways I hope we get our cars before the end of this quarter! Is it sad I’m now hoping for end of EOQ? Wishing us all good and lucky vibes!

Reactions: erica3535
i usually post when my edd gets pushed back not usually before so let’s see if this changes my luck any for tomorrow. Last week I had my 12th edd change (from the time I started to track the changes). Tomorrow is the start of my current edd range and I’m nervous. The august group I feel like isn’t getting as much movement as the sept and Oct groups. Do you guys feel like it too or just me? 😅anyways I hope we get our cars before the end of this quarter! Is it sad I’m now hoping for end of EOQ? Wishing us all good and lucky vibes!
I agree. My latest EDD begins 5/22. Today I received a call from Tesla wanting to know if I had a trade-in. This is in addition to two texts I received over the past couple of months asking the same. I took the opportunity to ask if my VIN was imminent just to see what the reply would be and the rep only confirmed my EDD. They didn't offer any new information which of course was not a surprise.

Curious - for most people that ordered in August and haven't gotten delivery yet, did you put your orders on hold or not complete your profile until later?
I ordered on 7/31 - and my original SA gave me a medley of bad information including setting my profile to financing and carrier direct at the get-go, which in hindsight are likely the two major factors why i'm still waiting around at this juncture : / My order has never been on hold btw.

Cross-posting from the 7-seater and October threads.

The car was delivered this morning! Overall it looks pretty good. Few minor issues like the third row seats being a little beat up, noticed one minor alignment issue but nothing we’re going to worry about, a few paint imperfections but that’s black for you. Still going through it and haven’t had a chance to drive it, but excited that it’s finally here! It’s been 270 days since we ordered.

Attachments

• DFF606EB-1EA6-4EAB-BE79-C9F573C458DC.jpeg
    DFF606EB-1EA6-4EAB-BE79-C9F573C458DC.jpeg
    760.9 KB · Views: 63
  • A36B906C-DD32-4640-8C09-D427B0AEF075.jpeg
    A36B906C-DD32-4640-8C09-D427B0AEF075.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 41
  • C242C911-27FC-40F2-8B55-E421692EFE3B.jpeg
    C242C911-27FC-40F2-8B55-E421692EFE3B.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 41
  • BD1EF3E3-F76D-46C2-A8DE-3EA11E4DAFCE.jpeg
    BD1EF3E3-F76D-46C2-A8DE-3EA11E4DAFCE.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 43
  • 25693CD0-3C80-431A-85EB-B33A9B3E4BBC.jpeg
    25693CD0-3C80-431A-85EB-B33A9B3E4BBC.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 12EF8209-886D-4555-A0F4-51280DCB6E13.jpeg
    12EF8209-886D-4555-A0F4-51280DCB6E13.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 46
Got my VIN last week. Cars window spans next weekend. Called Tesla to see if they had more info since it still won't let me schedule delivery. They said its supposed to arrive on Saturday. Does anyone know what their delivery date/times options typically are? Like Sunday? I have to drive 2 hours to pick it up, and work throughout the week. Sure as hell not gonna let anything hold up my 9 month wait get extended any longer than it already has!

Reactions: Luly
I agree. My latest EDD begins 5/22. Today I received a call from Tesla wanting to know if I had a trade-in. This is in addition to two texts I received over the past couple of months asking the same. I took the opportunity to ask if my VIN was imminent just to see what the reply would be and the rep only confirmed my EDD. They didn't offer any new information which of course was not a surprise.
Wow you sound more ahead than me. I haven’t had tesla text or call me. Only me reaching out to them trying to find out if I’ll ever get this car. I check in with them like every few months 😅