Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the same thing. However, the only thing I can think of is that if you accept the terms from Tesla themselves, that they give you longer because of the issues and it's from them and not someone else. I think that would put my offer at 120 days. I don't think that there is a solid, concrete reason why we do not have VINs.
Switch your payment to cash and you’ll see your EDD move up. ReApply once you get the VIN.

Reactions: DrGriz and afscotch
I thought the same thing. However, the only thing I can think of is that if you accept the terms from Tesla themselves, that they give you longer because of the issues and it's from them and not someone else. I think that would put my offer at 120 days. I don't think that there is a solid, concrete reason why we do not have VINs.
I thought I've read Tesla financing is them matching the person to 3rd parties with the best rates/terms, e.g. Wells Fargo?

Reactions: samori01 and Suns
Such a relief. The pain is over. The Silver Surfer has finally arrived.

Delivery went very smooth, arrived about 20 minutes early. Started my walk around and videoed the whole thing just in case. Found only two small issues during my inspection. I will attach with my pictures below.

I have very little need for interaction with the SAs until the end when I was ready for trade in and to show what I found with car. First issue was that the plastic cover above accelerator was falling down and small part of trim was a little out of alignment. SA took the car into service area, the plastic piece had to be ordered and replaced, but not a safety issue, so created service appointment for both. Car came with front Mudflaps, but no rear PPF. SA said if they don’t have any, they don’t put on. (Obviously). So added that to service appointment.

Turned over keys to old car and then accepted delivery. SA helped me pair my phone and do some basic setup.

Meet The Silver Surfer.

2BB50498-2B67-47C3-936B-CE6461ECC690.jpeg
D8968F82-0077-40F6-A142-E83F4BED24D7.jpeg
F1D4952A-04BE-42D1-A5CD-9B8E637FEBED.jpeg
64FFCF53-6A05-402A-88FE-080E91AB5762.jpeg
05FBAFB1-5F27-4EE1-9B6A-15761D288038.jpeg

welp, had my bi-weekly check-in call to see what's up with my EDD, and I have to say - I'm getting some really kind, sympathetic SA's lately. (probably feel sorry for me with my 7/31 OD lol)

He said he didn't want to make any broad statements but there are some growing supply issues with building the white interior @ Fremont... and he thinks waiting til aug/sept is unfortunately realistic at this juncture for me....unless someone somewhere on the east coast gives up their vin with my config. sigh.....

Delivery went very smooth, arrived about 20 minutes early. Started my walk around and videoed the whole thing just in case. Found only two small issues during my inspection. I will attach with my pictures below.

I have very little need for interaction with the SAs until the end when I was ready for trade in and to show what I found with car. First issue was that the plastic cover above accelerator was falling down and small part of trim was a little out of alignment. SA took the car into service area, the plastic piece had to be ordered and replaced, but not a safety issue, so created service appointment for both. Car came with front Mudflaps, but no rear PPF. SA said if they don’t have any, they don’t put on. (Obviously). So added that to service appointment.

Turned over keys to old car and then accepted delivery. SA helped me pair my phone and do some basic setup.

Meet The Silver Surfer.

View attachment 806735View attachment 806737View attachment 806738View attachment 806739View attachment 806744
Congrats!!!

Reactions: BGOwner

Meet The Silver Surfer.

View attachment 806735View attachment 806737View attachment 806738View attachment 806739View attachment 806744
Congratulations! You'll get those minor things fixed and never think about them again. Enjoy!

welp, had my bi-weekly check-in call to see what's up with my EDD, and I have to say - I'm getting some really kind, sympathetic SA's lately. (probably feel sorry for me with my 7/31 OD lol)

He said he didn't want to make any broad statements but there are some growing supply issues with building the white interior @ Fremont... and he thinks waiting til aug/sept is unfortunately realistic at this juncture for me....unless someone somewhere on the east coast gives up their vin with my config. sigh.....
Surge the black interiors then!!

Anyone else in the August still waiting for a 7 seater model y? Just wondering if the 7 seater is what’s dragging this out for me.
I'm still here. OD: Aug 6, "lastupdate" in the source code is Aug 19th, no holds. Ordered 7 seats, msm/blk, tow. Had 20's, but when they let us make changes at the original price without resetting the base price I went to 19's and will pick up second set of wheels for less than the 2k upgrade.