Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's an absolutely amazing car 😍
Delivery was seamless. Spent half of my day driving around 🤣

AirBrush_20220521191010.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220521_125639__01.jpg
    IMG_20220521_125639__01.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220521_125007__01.jpg
    IMG_20220521_125007__01.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 68
Update - Back to a June - July EDD. I Immediately submitted payment after getting the VIN assigned along with insurance information. Something is seriously flawed.
I have see this happen to others. No reason to submit payment (cashier's check, etc) until you have inspected the car.

Not sure why this happened to you and not sure that submitting payment did it to you.

I have see this happen to others. No reason to submit payment (cashier's check, etc) until you have inspected the car.

Not sure why this happened to you and not sure that submitting payment did it to you.
Likely unrelated. It seems like everything is an excuse for their poor execution. Listening to SA, they all say different things. The instructions clearly say to submit your payment once your VIN is assigned to avoid delays.

Reactions: SeanB-Model3
Hi there, first time poster but long time lurker. I have gained much valuable information from this forum and its time I contributed!!
Back in August I ordered a MYLR Blue/19"/Black/5 seat/Tow/NoFSD
I was assigned a VIN in late March, F393xxx, but had to decline delivery due to being out of the country for 3 weeks, so I put it on hold for a couple of weeks.
2 days ago on 5/18 I got a new VIN, F449xxx, and a delivery window of May 29-Jun 2. No final delivery date yet
Picking up in Colorado Springs, and I have a trade-in which I've had to update once when its 30 day window expired.
I purchased the "All weather protection kit" from Tesla and Tesla will install it for me when I pick up providing its not a Saturday. Other purchased accessories include floor mats and a screen protector
Thanks for all the great info over the past few months
I got a delivery date over the weekend - Jun 7th :)

Such a relief. The pain is over. The Silver Surfer has finally arrived.

Delivery went very smooth, arrived about 20 minutes early. Started my walk around and videoed the whole thing just in case. Found only two small issues during my inspection. I will attach with my pictures below.

I have very little need for interaction with the SAs until the end when I was ready for trade in and to show what I found with car. First issue was that the plastic cover above accelerator was falling down and small part of trim was a little out of alignment. SA took the car into service area, the plastic piece had to be ordered and replaced, but not a safety issue, so created service appointment for both. Car came with front Mudflaps, but no rear PPF. SA said if they don’t have any, they don’t put on. (Obviously). So added that to service appointment.

Turned over keys to old car and then accepted delivery. SA helped me pair my phone and do some basic setup.

Meet The Silver Surfer.

View attachment 806735View attachment 806737View attachment 806738View attachment 806739View attachment 806744
About damn time!

welp, had my bi-weekly check-in call to see what's up with my EDD, and I have to say - I'm getting some really kind, sympathetic SA's lately. (probably feel sorry for me with my 7/31 OD lol)

He said he didn't want to make any broad statements but there are some growing supply issues with building the white interior @ Fremont... and he thinks waiting til aug/sept is unfortunately realistic at this juncture for me....unless someone somewhere on the east coast gives up their vin with my config. sigh.....
That statement though....unless someone somewhere on the east coast gives up their vin with your config....No one, nowhere in the country should be getting your config before you (unless they ordered before 7/31)!

Reactions: kelseyfaye
How many people have EDD's that extend beyond 1 year since OD? Also has anyone been able to call/complain enough to get a VIN?
Ordered the last week of august. I now have an Edd at the 12 month mark (august). I am not happy.. there are 2022 e-trons sitting at dealerships here in Colorado.

This is honestly getting stupid. Many of us, myself included, were given a first Edd of January when we ordered our cars.

Ordered the last week of august. I now have an Edd at the 12 month mark (august). I am not happy.. there are 2022 e-trons sitting at dealerships here in Colorado.

This is honestly getting stupid. Many of us, myself included, were given a first Edd of January when we ordered our cars.
I ordered August 16th. My EDD was February. It is now September 1-October 13. MYLR White Interior, Silver exterior, Induction, Tow hitch, no FSD. I don't get how it could take 14 months!

I ordered August 16th. My EDD was February. It is now September 1-October 13. MYLR White Interior, Silver exterior, Induction, Tow hitch, no FSD. I don't get how it could take 14 months!
Same OD. My edd is July 6- Aug 16. It’s annoying af. Someone here mentioned it may be a slick move Tesla is doing to push us to upgrade or cancel because we priced in cheaper. Idk tho