Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR, AWD, MSM, 19”, Black, tow, no FSD.
Ordered 18 July when it was 4-8 weeks. Told by SA realistically 3-6.
6 Aug received 3-6 week text.
No further info. More than 4 weeks and no specific update except that mass generalized text which many received.
SA condescending when inquiries made.

Part of me is anxious for my first Tesla (first EV).
Part of me is fine with a later build, as long as not too late into end of quarter.

it seems it is a roll of the dice both with timing and quality. Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: Blue_Skies
No further info. More than 4 weeks and no specific update except that mass generalized text which many received.

Part of me is fine with a later build, as long as not too late into end of quarter.

it seems it is a roll of the dice both with timing and quality. Fingers crossed :)
Don’t worry, you will love your Tesla. Looks like we are now in the early 40K VIN range. You should hear something in the next couple of weeks according to most of us in this thread. We are basically all late June/July orders.

Reactions: KyleATMn
At one point I thought it was the white seats that was holding us back. Then I thought it was color. Now I’m wondering if it is literally going from time ordered vs inventory vs spec. The later requiring a new chassis creation.
I asked today if mine was rejected for some reason since it’s a 32,xxx VIN and she said no, she checked and it just came out of the factory. VINs aren’t exactly sequential in production.

Reactions: Mooroo

Ordered: 7/15/20
Received Text Stating 2-4 weeks: 8/11
Received VIN (36xxx) via Email (From Rep): 8/17/20

W/W/19”

No delivery scheduled yet.

DA confirmed the car is still on the production line 8/18/2020. Expects it to arrive in Kansas City in next 7 days.

Black on black (20 inch) LR AWD

Ordered: 8/05
Got a call 8/6 they had a vehicle already in inventory that met my specs. Wasn’t ready to take delivery that quickly so pushed to take delivery no earlier than 9/1.
No other text or notifications about timeline

Ordered: 7/15/20
Received Text Stating 2-4 weeks: 8/11
Received VIN (36xxx) via Email (From Rep): 8/17/20

W/W/19”

No delivery scheduled yet.

DA confirmed the car is still on the production line 8/18/2020. Expects it to arrive in Kansas City in next 7 days.

That'd be really quick to come off the line and delivered to your local Tesla! My service center quoted me 2.5 weeks from Fremont to MN. Is that maybe a little over the time it'll actually take?

Reactions: Blue_Skies
Ordered: 8/8/20

My sales rep said 2-3 weeks for VIN assignment on the 12th, nothing before/after that. Delivery estimate is blank on my account. I hope to get an MVPA soon because I have an amazing rate with my CU that will expire at the end of the month.

White, Blk Interior, No FSD, Tow Hitch, LR AWD.

Just got a text from Tesla saying an additional 2-5 weeks, which may.put it outside the 8 week window. Getting really frustrated..

Ordered: 8/9/2020
Options: Performance, White, Tow, Black and White Interior, Autopilot

Changed Order: 8/19/2020
Options: Removed Tow

Received text this afternoon saying my delivery will be ready in 1-4 weeks. I was hoping removing the tow would help.
Also received text this afternoon for 1-4 weeks. Consistent from the 3-6 week text two weeks ago at least.

I ordered June 5th. Got the 3-6 week notification 2 weeks ago. Nothing since then. Well past the 8-week estimated delivery frame now, and my financing (which I was quite happy with) has expired. I’m starting to think they don’t want to sell me a car.