Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a VIN from my Advisor. However . . .

It doesn't seem to match anything of that I have seen from others on this forum. It is a 17-digit alpha numeric number, but nothing with a high 40's/low 50s to start. Maybe I'm not accessing what everyone else is? I am logging into my account, going into completed tasks, go to the bottom and select order agreement, which brings up my Motor Vehicle Order Agreement, which I assume is the 'MVPA' everyone is referencing?

Nothing shows in this document other than my order number and the specs.

Am I missing something?

as @SD419 says, what people post here as VINs is the last five digits. If you want to know what each piece means, put you entire 17 character vin in here - VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

That's actually really cool! Looking up mine now.

Edit: I guess date of manufacture can only be figured out by looking at window sticker when picking up, huh?

The window sticker has the exact date. Mine was gone presumably from the prep process. But when they called to set up the delivery, I asked and got it right away. It is about where most states seem to put inspection stickers and is roughly the same size. The sticker on the door pillar has the month / year.

I don't know. I was calling for a different reason, but my SA advised that I was soft matched for 09/20 and it was "good news" for taking delivery before the end of the month.

A sales associate I spoke with this past Wednesday indicated I had a soft build date (or some language to that effect, maybe soft match) of 9/12 and my car should ship to Missouri around 9/19. I was so exited to get some actual news that I didn’t ask more pointed questions. I still have no VIN though.

Reactions: knikak
A sales associate I spoke with this past Wednesday indicated I had a soft build date (or some language to that effect, maybe soft match) of 9/12 and my car should ship to Missouri around 9/19. I was so exited to get some actual news that I didn’t ask more pointed questions. I still have no VIN though.

I don't have a VIN either, so maybe that's the "soft" match. My SA seems confident that I'll have a match and delivery within the estimated time frame in my dashboard -- 3-5 weeks from order date, which was August 28th.

White, Long Range, black interior, AP, no tow hitch
19" wheels
Order date: 8/23
VIN Received: 9/12 (officially), 9/9 (unofficially)
VIN: 440XX
Delivery scheduled: 9/23
Delivery Location: Columbus, OH

Communication process after submitting the order has been poor. They seem to have good information if you can get someone on the phone, but in my case, the Tesla account page stayed at the base "we have you order" stage long after the VIN was actually assigned. Had to hunt down a sales associate by phone to get up to date information, though that person was quite pleasant to deal with. System finally caught up and asked me to schedule a delivery date yesterday.

System is asking me to pay for it all now, but I do not plan to do that until I have inspected the vehicle. I would imagine others here did the same thing and that should have been acceptable to Tesla.

White, Long Range, black interior, AP, no tow hitch
19" wheels
Order date: 8/23
VIN Received: 9/12 (officially), 9/9 (unofficially)
VIN: 440XX
Delivery scheduled: 9/23
Delivery Location: Columbus, OH

Communication process after submitting the order has been poor. They seem to have good information if you can get someone on the phone, but in my case, the Tesla account page stayed at the base "we have you order" stage long after the VIN was actually assigned. Had to hunt down a sales associate by phone to get up to date information, though that person was quite pleasant to deal with. System finally caught up and asked me to schedule a delivery date yesterday.

System is asking me to pay for it all now, but I do not plan to do that until I have inspected the vehicle. I would imagine others here did the same thing and that should have been acceptable to Tesla.

I have the same order but on 8/24 and in St Louis. I am also having a similar customer service experience. No VIN for me yet.

The saga continues!

8/13 Placed order.
8/19 got text saying expected 2-5 weeks.
9/2 got text saying still 2-4 weeks
9/13 Noticed pay off amount in Tesla account now seen as well as MVPA.
9/13 (also) Sent MVPA to loan officer
9/14 Loan officer said everything good to go it expired today, but they got it before they actually expired it.
9/14 (also) MVPA is now missing from my account, so I called nearby service center. They said something like it was built and assigned, but something was wrong with it and they are not sure if they can fix it. He didn't have more info for me.

LR, Blue, no FSD. Located in Central Jersey.

Now I'm not sure if I should contact the loan officer, or just let it roll and assume it's going to be the same VIN. At least there is some kind of QA. I imagine it was something pretty darn bad though like it straight up didn't work unless the service guy just made the whole thing up.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
'
This is what my SA sent me:
We are now using a soft match tool that predicts future build date and delivery date. There is no guarantee, but you are looking like September 25th for an approximate delivery day.

I believe they have some tool that gives an estimate but I have absolutely no faith in it. I bet it was scraped together quickly by an engineer based on really arbitrary assumptions against a small set of production factory data. It's really frustrating how Tesla puts customers last and their order commitments & sales numbers first. Tesla REALLY needs competition because there is almost a complete lack of customer obsession past the sales pitch.