Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated

Ordered: 8/28
VIN: 48xxx
Delivery Date: 9/25 ish
Spec: White LR AWD 20' Induction, Black, No Tow, no fsd

interesting my vin is in 48 while a fellow clevelander is getting at 50xxx

Interesting indeed. I can't imagine that Color or Wheels change the VIN range, so one would assume your car was manufactured before mine. Makes sense with he order data difference. I will be curious to see how ours compare on delivery day.

I got a new email/text that my delivery would be delayed from this Friday sept 18th to sept 20th. It’s only a 2 day difference but I’m wondering if anyone else in the northeast got their delivery delayed as well. I am picking up at the Mount Kisco, NY location.

VIN: 43XXX
Delivery date: previous Sept 18th. new Sept 20th
Spec: MY LR AWD, MSM on Black, 19” wheels

I got a new email/text that my delivery would be delayed from this Friday sept 18th to sept 20th. It’s only a 2 day difference but I’m wondering if anyone else in the northeast got their delivery delayed as well. I am picking up at the Mount Kisco, NY location.

Hmm, interesting. I haven’t because my delivery date is set for 9/24 because the car is expected to arrive at my delivery center on 9/23.
My VIN is 49xxx so I’m wondering if our cars are on the same train transport to Chicago and truck to NY / MA.
All of which is a long way of saying: I wonder if your original 9/18 appt was set before they knew when the car would arrive at your DC and was updated when they got a confirmed date after the car was transferred from the train to truck (which is done in Chicago).

I am scheduled this Saturday at the Mt Kisco location...haven't heard about a delay

VIN 44xxx
Spec: MY LR AWD, BLUE on white, 19", tow, FSD

Just called my delivery center and they confirmed mine is expected to arrive two days earlier (9/21) but when she pinged my car it was still in Milpitas, CA. She also said sometimes the vehicle location status isn't updated so it could already be in transit. If not, she said it could still arrive by 9/21 if shipped today or tomorrow.

She also said they've been getting deliveries 3-5 days earlier than the estimate...except for mine, haha.

OK.....1st post. Very new to this forum obviously.
So ordered a Y on 9-14-20. White, Black interior, Long Range AWD, Gemini.
Order says 6-10 weeks.
Was looking around on my account page and found Mvpa. Opened it and it lists a VIN.
So, seems from reading through this topic, the VIN might be some kind of milestone.
I don't know what an SA is or how I get one or what it means when I have a VIN.
Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated
Thanks..

OK.....1st post. Very new to this forum obviously.
So ordered a Y on 9-14-20. White, Black interior, Long Range AWD, Gemini.
Order says 6-10 weeks.
Was looking around on my account page and found Mvpa. Opened it and it lists a VIN.
So, seems from reading through this topic, the VIN might be some kind of milestone.
I don't know what an SA is or how I get one or what it means when I have a VIN.
Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated
Thanks..

This means you have a car assigned to you that has been built. It’s likely getting ready to ship and around that time you should get a text message to schedule pick up. Call your service center nearest to your house and they can give you more specific information.

Hello! Joining this forum after browsing it for the past few weeks. Thank you everyone for your helpful posts, especially concerning delivery expectations and checklists.

Ordered: 8/30
VIN: ???
Delivery Date: ???
Spec: LR, Red, Black Interior, 19”, Tow Hitch

I’ve been checking our account like crazy hoping our MVPA will appear. I keep telling myself I need to cool it; so many of you have waited much longer than 2 weeks. Hearing Tesla promise 2-4 week delivery just sets certain expectations.

My husband and I haven’t received any texts from Tesla. We last spoke with a rep on Saturday (we were actually helping a friend look over his MY delivery, which he accepted). The rep confirmed we didn’t have a VIN assigned yet and there are no actions pending on our end. Hoping to hear back soon since our delivery estimate is still showing as 2-4 weeks from ordering.

I'm sure this has been covered, but when and where does MVPA show up? I'm hoping that the 6-10 week estimate when we ordered will be accurate, although it seems pretty random from everything I've read here. I wouldn't mind if it were pushed out a bit as we aren't driving much these days.

I'm sure this has been covered, but when and where does MVPA show up? I'm hoping that the 6-10 week estimate when we ordered will be accurate, although it seems pretty random from everything I've read here. I wouldn't mind if it were pushed out a bit as we aren't driving much these days.
I haven’t gotten mine yet, but I’ve read that it should show up in your documents section under your profile.

Finally!!! This has been the longest wait ever. They still don't have an estimated delivery, but MVPA showed up this morning.

Ordered: 7/19
VIN: 517XX
Delivery Date: ???
Spec: Performance, White, White Interior, 21”, No Tow Hitch

Reactions: Blue Skye
Like the other person said, it’ll be in your account. You’ll need to login, click the “manage” button next to pic of your vehicle, then look in the lower right hand corner of the page. It should be the third link after: order agreement and lemon law. The link will be: “Mvpa”.

Depending on your purchase and payment option, the other big indication is the top of the ‘manage’ page will say something along the lines of, “please submit final payment”.

Just got a call from my SA notifying me that I have been soft matched to a Y being built right now. White / LR/ 19 / Tow/ AP Vin 52xxx Expected delivery sometime between the 23rd-26th

I’d be curious to know when you see your MVPA appear. My car was built on 9/12 and on Monday I called and got the VIN. The estimated delivery date to the SC is 9/25. I’ve received no delivery text or MVPA. Maybe all that will happen when it ships in the next few days? No rhyme or reason.