Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh this is terrible. I assume ours were on the same truck. I haven’t heard boo from the SA and we have the same guy. I haven’t called him either I try and keep everything in email. I might call tomorrow.

I emailed for an update since delivery was supposedly this week. He called me almost immediately to tell me what was going on. Not sure how busy the Cleveland SC is, but I have definitely initiated all communications so far.

I placed my order on 9/11 expecting around 10-14 weeks before delivery as stated on the website
Got an email last evening 9/21 saying a Vin was already assigned and I could schedule a pickup at Mt. Kisco

Vin: 044xxx
Deep Blue Metallic
19’’ Gemini Wheels
White Interior
Tow Hitch Package
Full Self-Driving

Unfortunately this is a bit too quick for me, my garage is still under construction so I have to wait. I assume this one will end up going to someone else as I don't think I'll be able to accept delivery till some time next month.

I placed my order on 9/11 expecting around 10-14 weeks before delivery as stated on the website
Got an email last evening 9/21 saying a Vin was already assigned and I could schedule a pickup at Mt. Kisco

Vin: 044xxx
Deep Blue Metallic
19’’ Gemini Wheels
White Interior
Tow Hitch Package
Full Self-Driving

Unfortunately this is a bit too quick for me, my garage is still under construction so I have to wait. I assume this one will end up going to someone else as I don't think I'll be able to accept delivery till some time next month.
Makes me wonder if this was a MY with refused delivery, or if someone's financing fell through.

@sjmcman @DigitalSteel I placed an order on 9/14 thinking I missed the Q3 cutoff but I got an MVPA / VIN last night: 056xxx.
Welcome to the club :) Definitely threw us for a loop, but after thinking about it more we are okay with the earlier delivery. I know there is a quarter end rush, but I think that is perpetual Tesla, and they'll be in a rush getting cars off to Europe or Asia next. Just hope everything was running smoothly at the factory when they made our vehicles. No guarantees regardless. And of course you can tell them you aren't ready yet if you'd rather wait.

Reactions: mr.BeBoT
Got a text today (9/22) that it should be ready to pick up on 9/24 at Littleton.

No MPVA, but VIN is 510xx.

MSM/Black, LR, 19", No FSD, Tow. Ordered 8/31.

Same here except in Phoenix! MSM/Black LR 19', No FSD, No tow. Also ordered 08/31. They must have run a big batch of grey this weekend. Congrats! Time to print out some delivery checklists.

Got a text today (9/22) that it should be ready to pick up on 9/24 at Littleton.

Same here except in Phoenix! MSM/Black LR 19', No FSD, No tow. Also ordered 08/31. They must have run a big batch of grey this weekend. Congrats! Time to print out some delivery checklists.
Same here except Portland.;) MSM/Black LR 19", not FSD, No tow. Ordered 8/1. Vin 51xxx. Delivery 9/25 unless something sooner opens up.

Reactions: mjf404
Well, I accepted delivery! They ended up changing my appointment last minute for a few hours later, but it worked out. A few little door adjustments are needed, as well as the trunk door. Also a few scratches that ill have them take a look at. All in all, much better than the previous delivery.

Also for all you white MYs, the rear bumper is a little worse than my previous VIN. I'm going to have them take a look at it, but it might be passable to them.

Now to try to get used to the car!

Same here except Portland.;) MSM/Black LR 19", not FSD, No tow. Ordered 8/1. Vin 51xxx. Delivery 9/25 unless something sooner opens up.

My SA said the born on date for the car was 9/20 btw. So just out of the factory.

• Informative
Reactions: Blue Skye
Thought I would give an update on my delivery day experience today (Sep. 22). Hope this may help give an idea to others awaiting delivery!

Specs: LR AWD, gemini wheels, white exterior, black interior, no fsd, no tow hitch.

VIN: 445xx

Coming in, I already sort of prepared myself for the likely scenario that the car would have some issues that would require a service appointment, but a part of me was still optimistic that the car would be perfect.

After careful inspection, there were a total of 6 errors reported.

Exterior:
1) Front door on passenger side was not flush with the back door at the bottom(from what I could tell, every model Y awaiting delivery today had this issue)
2) Charge port was not flush (kinda disappointed at this because most of the other Model Y's I saw didn't have this issue)
3) Front bumper has a slight misalignment causing a small piece to stick out near the left headlight (this was a pretty common one that I saw aswell)

Interior:
1) Leather on the right side of the center console had a scratch that resulted in a small tear (I almost denied delivery when I first saw this)
2) Back right passenger seat pillar was loose
3) The trunk was not closing properly (reported, but when i got home I tested it about 10 times and it worked everytime, so idk what happened here)

Everything else seemed to check out okay (tail lights were flush, no major panel gaps visible around the car, and the service center representative reported all of my issues for me and assured me they could be fixed. I was pretty bummed out initially, but driving it home, I couldn't help but to smile the whole way.

Looks like the Model Y's still have issues even in September, so unless you are okay with coming back in for service appointments, I would hold off. Hope this helps everyone!

Well, I accepted delivery! They ended up changing my appointment last minute for a few hours later, but it worked out. A few little door adjustments are needed, as well as the trunk door. Also a few scratches that ill have them take a look at. All in all, much better than the previous delivery.

Also for all you white MYs, the rear bumper is a little worse than my previous VIN. I'm going to have them take a look at it, but it might be passable to them.

Now to try to get used to the car!
Congrats!! What’s your VIN?