Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the we found you a car notice
Ordered 8/14
Vin assigned 9/21
delivery expected 9/30

Blue Long Range, Black interior, 19 inch wheels

My VIN is 38xxx I do not know the manufactured date yet. Should I be concerned my vin is lower then many people are reporting? What tail lights would be on this one?

In my opinion no. My Model Y had VIN# 361xx and was manufactured on August 26th and delivered in Tampa on 9/21/20.

Wanted to share that I believe I experienced one of the fastest order to VIN (and expected delivery) timelines ever:

Ordered 9/21
VIN and MVPA 9/22
Delivery scheduled for 9/27
Orlando delivery location

Specs:
VIN 499xx
White
Premium interior
19” Gemini
No FSD or Tow

So when all is said and done it would be a 6 day order to delivery timeline if delivery actually happens on Sunday.

Wanted to share that I believe I experienced one of the fastest order to VIN (and expected delivery) timelines ever:

Ordered 9/21
VIN and MVPA 9/22
Delivery scheduled for 9/27
Orlando delivery location

Specs:
VIN 499xx
White
Premium interior
19” Gemini
No FSD or Tow

So when all is said and done it would be a 6 day order to delivery timeline if delivery actually happens on Sunday.
Wow.. thats is less than a week !!

Picked up model Y we ordered 8/19. Didn’t notice any major issues at time. The plastic piece around the wheels was scratched and they acknowledged they could replace it at a future date but now I’m thinking this charge door is a little wonky... not sure if it’s worth trying to get it fixed or just accept it

Attachments

• 25CF1FDF-A618-46E4-A3C6-24A91CB9E0A7.jpeg
    25CF1FDF-A618-46E4-A3C6-24A91CB9E0A7.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 74
  • CB13A8C0-FD3E-4FDC-803D-A5FBB3AFF5DE.jpeg
    CB13A8C0-FD3E-4FDC-803D-A5FBB3AFF5DE.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 68
Picked up model Y we ordered 8/19. Didn’t notice any major issues at time. The plastic piece around the wheels was scratched and they acknowledged they could replace it at a future date but now I’m thinking this charge door is a little wonky... not sure if it’s worth trying to get it fixed or just accept it
Might as well if you’re going to have them replace the trim.
Man, that blue looks amazing...

In my opinion no. My Model Y had VIN# 361xx and was manufactured on August 26th and delivered in Tampa on 9/21/20.
Yeah, wondering if the VIN has to do with me being on the East coast. Ordered on 8/14, manufactured late August to early September, then 2 to 3 weeks to get across the country seems to track. I was just expecting the text to say Tesla has started manufacturing your car, followed in 1 to 2 weeks by your car is being shipped. Instead, I got a text saying we have located a car for you at a hub and we are transporting it to your delivery center.

The wording of my text just took me by surprise. It made me wonder if this was a rejected car, or was put back into the system for some other reason rather than being one "made" for me.

Just got the we found you a car notice
Ordered 8/14
Vin assigned 9/21
delivery expected 9/30

Blue Long Range, Black interior, 19 inch wheels

My VIN is 38xxx I do not know the manufactured date yet. Should I be concerned my vin is lower then many people are reporting? What tail lights would be on this one?

i wouldn’t be worried. I ordered 8/23 and take delivery in VA tomorrow, with a 38XXX VIN. I expect to have the new taillights.

I don’t know the answer to that. But I’m guessing for every one rejected car there are several others that aren’t accepted for some other reason. Finances or a family emergency or cold feet etc.
Exactly. $100 deposit is not much at risk, so I imagine quite a few people delay or back out. Our VIN seemed to fall from the sky. Recent build and in route to our region. We didn't get to track the MYs progress through build and the start of shipment, but it hasn't been sitting at the service center either. Expect it was built for another customer who delayed or cancelled and regardless, we'll inspect. No microscope however because cars that are driven get a few chips etc. I expect it to be in good shape and I'll do what I reasonably can to keep it that way.

Anyone in DC, MD or N Va have any luck with a delivery and/or getting information on delivery date from either the Tyson's or City Center locations? It's gone silent for my MY, ordered 8/19, got a VIN about a week ago.
I can't speak to NoVa. I can tell you that I've had three appointments cancelled in Richmond. I'm being told the Alabama distribution hub is backed up with vehicles and they can't get enough truck haulers to clear them out timely. I was supposed to pickup 9/22, then 9/25, now 9/27 "target" but they have little info to go on. The person I speak with at the SC says they only get a target shipment date and have no confidence in it until they can see the vehicle is actually on the road.

8/13 Placed order.
8/19 Got text saying expected 2-5 weeks.
9/2 Got text saying still 2-4 weeks
9/13 Noticed pay off amount in Tesla account now seen as well as MVPA.
9/13 (also) Sent MVPA to loan officer
9/14 Loan officer said everything good to go it expired today, but they got it before they actually expired it.
9/14 (also) MVPA is now missing from my account, so I called nearby service center. They said something like it was built and assigned, but something was wrong with it and they are not sure if they can fix it. He didn't have more info for me.
9/24 Called to request a refund of my $20kish they were holding and was told I was actually just assigned another right now. Let's hope this one is viable.

VIN 47xxx only a few off my previous MVPAs.

Wonder if they're going to try to squeeze my pick up in before end of quarter? Doubt they'd be able to in time. Either way is fine with me. It would be quicker which is cool, but would likely be less stressful getting in after quarter.

LR, Blue, no FSD. Located in Central Jersey.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar