Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seemed like you guys were getting yours all at the end of July and the beginning of this month. Don't know what's going on with the North East. Hope you guys are next!

hope so too. We'll be almost matching. The outback will be heading to Colorado. We'll be left with a 2019 Camry hybrid and the LR MY, but red. The Camry is a blue close to the MY and it was apparent that the Blue was to be discouraged.

I refused delivery for this one, due the huge panel gaps the SC couldn't and poor paint job on the driver side door the SC tried to fix and ultimately burned the paint :eek:

Ordered: 7/22/2020
Delivery: 7/29/2020
VIN: 5YJYGDEF7LF0337XX

On 8/13/2020 Tesla reached out and put me back in the queue, got their notice today for the following,

Delivery: 8/26/2020
VIN: 5YJYGDEF9LF0399XX

Performance, white over black.

Anyone know the difference between the 5YJYGDEF7 vs. 5YJYGDEF9?

Model Y LR AWD White, No FSD, Induction wheels, black interior.
Ordered: 8/14
8/19: 1-4 weeks text
8/21: 1 week until VIN text
8/24: VIN number texted this morning at 0530. VIN: 38xx.
I asked for build date: SA said 8/23

Ordered 5/5/2019
Got VIN 8/21/2020
Scheduled delivery 9/5/2020 (Decatur, GA)

Blue/white performance, all options except 3rd row and tow hitch. No trade in and currently paying cash, but thinking about switching to financing as I found some local CUs doing < 2%

VIN: 34XXX

Specifically asked my advisor about that, she said it rolled out of the factory in August 12, so it seems the VINs aren't always sequential.

Been somewhat of a frustrating ride to this point as my order got screwed up in the backed and was basically sitting outside of the queue, but hey, it's finally on it's way.

Has anyone had their paperwork and payment options disappear? I had both of those loaded in the system and my delivery date set (which is still on my page) but now it moved back to "We are drafting your paperwork" stage. Havent gotten ahold of Tesla yet, but I think that is odd...? Maybe they reassigned my VIN?

Ordered 5/5/2019
Got VIN 8/21/2020
Scheduled delivery 9/5/2020 (Decatur, GA)

Blue/white performance, all options except 3rd row and tow hitch. No trade in and currently paying cash, but thinking about switching to financing as I found some local CUs doing < 2%

VIN: 34XXX

Specifically asked my advisor about that, she said it rolled out of the factory in August 12, so it seems the VINs aren't always sequential.

Been somewhat of a frustrating ride to this point as my order got screwed up in the backed and was basically sitting outside of the queue, but hey, it's finally on it's way.
I switched from 9/2 delivery from Decatur to Roswell. But Ken Stamps is the best in service at Decatur!

Reactions: gtbuzz
Ordered MY on 8/19 after canceling 2 week old order for a M3. Wife suggested we go and sit in them and I was in fact more comfortable in the Y being big and tall 6’4”
I drive approx 190 miles round trip each workday, M-F and really needed a car that can do most of the work to get me to NYC
Will be a very welcome change from the Prius Prime
hoping it comes soon !

Reactions: Thp3