Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I refused delivery for this one, due the huge panel gaps the SC couldn't and poor paint job on the driver side door the SC tried to fix and ultimately burned the paint :eek:

Ordered: 7/22/2020
Delivery: 7/29/2020
VIN: 5YJYGDEF7LF0337XX

On 8/13/2020 Tesla reached out and put me back in the queue, got their notice today for the following,

Delivery: 8/26/2020
VIN: 5YJYGDEF9LF0399XX

Performance, white over black.

Anyone know the difference between the 5YJYGDEF7 vs. 5YJYGDEF9?

cross post ...

Just got my VIN.

Ordered 8/8
AWD LR, white/white, gemini, tow, fsd
Delivery date given on 8/24 for 9/10 (text)
VIN 39,332 given on 8/26 (loan doc)
Devon PA

Wondering if the 41xxx ones are new casting machine and whether this is a good or bad thing (apparently started two days ago).

I would recommend reaching out to your service advisor and show frustration for delays and if you don't get responses. I ordered on 8/1/2020 and got a text on 8/11/2020 that it will be delivered in 3-5 weeks. Then I didn't hear anything until 8/26/2020. I sent emails and texts without a response. Then I sent an email with all caps in subject line asking to respond and added I'll be contacting Tesla to change service advisor. The very next morning, I got 2 calls a text message and I was able to schedule pickup for September 12. No VIN number yet but I should get that soon.

Order: 8/1/2020
VIN: TBD
Delivery date: 9/12
Spec: MY LR AWD, White on Black, FSD, 20”, Tow

I placed my order on Aug 22 and noticed this morning that my MVPA has assigned a VIN of 38483 with 30km on the odometer (Ontario Canada). This VIN seems to be a little order than the current ones and I'm concerned it's been rejected - will the SA be able to tell me the build date and if it has been rejected? I also want to make sure it has the updated tail lights which appears to be the case if it was manufactured after Aug 13th or so.

It's a AWD DBM/Black 19" FSD Tow

I placed my order on Aug 22 and noticed this morning that my MVPA has assigned a VIN of 38483 with 30km on the odometer (Ontario Canada). This VIN seems to be a little order than the current ones and I'm concerned it's been rejected - will the SA be able to tell me the build date and if it has been rejected? I also want to make sure it has the updated tail lights which appears to be the case if it was manufactured after Aug 13th or so.

Ask and they will tell you. Unless they lie.

• Funny
Reactions: Reborn

Called my SA and confirmed a fresh out of Freemont (just leaving today) and was manufactured on the 23rd. A couple of more weeks to go...

I really don’t understand their delivery logistics.. Super happy for you that you got a VIN, but my dad ordered the exact same config for delivery to Ontario on July 23, and has heard nothing but crickets. All account actions were completed the day after ordering.

Reactions: stlclint
I really don’t understand their delivery logistics.. Super happy for you that you got a VIN, but my dad ordered the exact same config for delivery to Ontario on July 23, and has heard nothing but crickets. All account actions were completed the day after ordering.

That is totally weird! However, after hanging around here, it doesn't appear that Tesla is all that predictable or logical. Perhaps talking to the SA to figure out if there's something else blocking

• Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

Order Date: 07/27/2020
Delivery SMS and Vin: 8/27/2020
Delivery Date: 9/3/2020

Tampa Florida

VIN: 3086x

Based on info in the spreadsheet the car was manufactured around July 20th. Def dont feel good about this car from the start.

Last edited:
No reason to suspect it's a reject... You can find out more once your VIN gets assigned. Whatever anyone says would be pure speculation right now...

it only took 4 weeks last year April-May 2019 to get my SR+. Now going through week 7 of MY order. This time I'm not driving a POS car while waiting so I'm not as anxious. End of Q3 push coming up is making me hopeful for a Sept. delivery.

• Funny
Reactions: oakvillemike
Finally got the update that my MY is on the train. Worst SA ever. Had to call generic Tesla number to get them to schedule delivery and then confirmed with SC.

Ordered: 07/15/20
Config: W/W/19”
MVPA: 08/17/2020
Delivery scheduled: 09/14/2020 (a month from VIN to delivery)

My SA scheduled it for 09/19 without talking with me first. Turns out the car arrives at the SC 09/12...she was gonna make me wait a week for no reason.

Just got my "on the way" txt (2020-08-27) Similar to @PlaidCPA
  • Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability to be added later
  • tow hitch
But I did not get a VIN in the txt and I don't have the MVPA in m account.