Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pleasant surprise this morning when I woke up. Received an update text around 0930 from Tesla that my car will be on its way to the Buena Park Delivery center soon! Immediately I checked the Tesla portal and lo and behold, I saw my VIN # on the right hand side of the page beneath my reservation number.

About an hour and a half later I got a call from the Buena Park delivery center letting me know that my car was still at the factory and would be making its way down to Southern California soon. The rep asked me if I can set-up my pickup date and we scheduled for this week on Thursday 9/3. Thursday can’t come soon enough... my wife came over while I was on the phone and started checking my pulse. She said she wanted to see if I was excited to hear the news. Haha.

Afterwards I took some time to check the Tesla Portal site and I can see at the top that its asking me to complete my final steps and submit payment. I will however wait till delivery day and after giving the car a once-over inspection... I’m gonna check out the Tesla Insurance Quote service to see if its any better that my AAA insurance that we currently have. Also, my MVPA showed up too.

MY Performance PUP / Red / White : No Tow, No FSD
Ordered 8/6
Schedule Delivery Text 8/30
Call from Delivery Center 8/30
Tentative Delivery 9/3

On my account, I have a "Lending Agreement" document. Is that the same thing as MVPA? Not sure if it even matters.

I’m inclined to think that those two are the same thing. On my portal page, I too have the “Lending Agreement”. Inside it I found information about the Vehicle like the VIN# and the Loan information, Taxes, Trade in info (if you have one), etc... Pretty much the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.

Got mine! Check out my update in the stealth waiting room.
1DE25457-EFB5-4935-A0E7-D2AA6A7D13E1.jpeg

i'm in San Francisco, CA
I ordered 8/2
got a text message on 8/11 said ready for delivery 1 - 2 weeks. (i was so happy)
got second text message on 8/25 said currently expect delivery 3 - 5 weeks from 8/25. (my heart was broken)
i checked tesla web site, even if i order today, it will delivery within 2 - 4 weeks.
i called tesla, they said there's no VIN number assigned yet. wants me to wait.
is there anywhere i can call to find out more?

Model Y, LR, Dark Grey, 19 inch, no autosteer.

i'm in San Francisco, CA
I ordered 8/2
got a text message on 8/11 said ready for delivery 1 - 2 weeks. (i was so happy)
got second text message on 8/25 said currently expect delivery 3 - 5 weeks from 8/25. (my heart was broken)
i checked tesla web site, even if i order today, it will delivery within 2 - 4 weeks.
i called tesla, they said there's no VIN number assigned yet. wants me to wait.
is there anywhere i can call to find out more?

Model Y, LR, Dark Grey, 19 inch, no autosteer.

Welcome to the west coast waiting club. My SA told me I am waiting till the end of the month unless I want a performance...

Well, I had to reject my car today.... Vin 36xxx. The front passenger door has a big indent at the bottom that I was worried about. It was so deep it chipped the rocker panel paint. Each door needed a slight adjustment, some more than others. The headlights didn't fit their hole either. It had new taillights though! Lol

Back in the queue...

It drives me batty that there's no prioritization to be found. Some people that order later get vins/cars before those that ordered earlier! Others not. And if I ask my SA how its coming, if I will be getting vin soon, they act like I'm crazy for being impatient. How to explain that the seeming lack of rhyme/reason for vin/car makes me feel even more out of control and frantic!

I recognize that my lack of patience may not lend to purchasing a car like this again! :) and that waiting may pay off (rear light changes, etc.) But I can't help it!!!