Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 8/23, White Ext , Black, 20”, No FSD and no hitch.
Got the 2-4 weeks text today, was 3-5 when I ordered. Tesla chat said no VIN yet.
When I ordered it in the Walnut Creek, CA showroom they gave me the Dublin, CA location as a pickup site. Wondering why not at Fremont?

Mine is 362xx but I have not been able to reach anybody to tell me the build fate so far. Did you get a response?

I think they’re getting annoyed by me. In fact I’m annoying myself by how much I’m obsessed with this car. Never happened to me before :)) I probably should stop reading TMC forums...

Don't worry, we are all on the same boat, I have never been so impatient waiting for anything else to arrive in a long time :). I called the service advisor on Monday and obtained the build date, it's 8/20/2020. I also got my appointment for pickup on 9/12

Order date 8/1
VIN date 8/27
Build date 8/20
Appointment a date 9/12

Reactions: Mooroo
Don't worry about the VIN being lower, it doesn't always mean it was built earlier. I got a 36xx VIN and build date is 8/20/2020, while other 36xx VIN build dates are in July. The VIN sequence has a few other factors such as the configuration. Ex, if you ordered with a tow hitch, you may have a low VIN as that configuration wasn't available until much later. This is my opinion based on some research when I freaked out of having a 36xx VIN. Ask your service advisor to find out the build date.

I ordered 8/25, submitted all my trade-in info on 8/26. I have a "final trade-in" offer on my account, but net trade-in credit and payoff amoutn have been pending for the last 4 days. Spoke with my SA twice, the first time he asked for my insurance card. Second time he asked for my registration.

Still showing pending, can't complete my account. Got a text yesterday on 9/2 saying my delivery was 2-4 weeks out but that my profile wasn't completed and because of that it could delay delivery. Starting to get a little irritated its taking them this long to get a payoff amount on my car. Its literally a 5 minute phone call to the lender.

Literally as I was browsing this thread a few minutes ago, I received a text to schedule my delivery for next week.

Ordered: 8/15
Scheduled delivery: 9/10
Options: Blue/Black/Performance

Still no VIN. Hadn't received any communication from Tesla until just now.

Reactions: CO_MY
Order date 8/5. Received my schdule an appointment text on Monday, scheduled it for the 17th. Emailed my service advisor today to see if he could see my VIN number, he replied back with it 399xx. Not quite in the 40s but pretty close to it. Now I'm just hoping that like many I'll get called for an earlier delivery date.

Took delivery of 404XX today in Minnesota, Black LR AWD, Induction, No FSD, No Hitch, White Interior. Went fantastic. A few dirty spots on headliner and one on seat, and one panel gap (rear passenger side door) that wasn't horrendous, but I had them adjust it. They fixed all of that in 15 minutes and I'm elated with the car. Very happy with the quality delivered (and I was fretting a bit after reading lots online). And, I ordered 8/1 and was impressed to take delivery 9/3.

Reactions: KyleATMn
Order date 8/5. Received my schdule an appointment text on Monday, scheduled it for the 17th. Emailed my service advisor today to see if he could see my VIN number, he replied back with it 399xx. Not quite in the 40s but pretty close to it. Now I'm just hoping that like many I'll get called for an earlier delivery date.

I was originally supposed to get mine delivered end of September, then got a text allowing me to schedule for next week, today they called me and said it’s at the service center so I’ll pick it up Saturday. Good chance you’ll get it earlier than expected!

Its been 12 days since I ordered so I called the Springfield Delivery center just to check in, nothing at all in the web portal was shown. I don't know why but I was not expecting anything and the guy on the phone said, nope, you have a VIN and it is in transit, arrival on the 19th. Very happy with the overall speed of this entire process. He said to expect a call in a week from the delivery people to finalize paperwork and schedule delivery. Fingers crossed but so far so good. Anyone have any idea if Tesla is applying the $5k NJ EV credit at the time of purchase? Per the State website, they say they expect dealerships to begin doing so at purchase this month but I don't have that noted yet in my financial summary (it was noted of course when I priced out the car). Seems to have dropped off.

Model Y LR AWD , MSM, 20inch, Black, No FSD, No Hitch.

• Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Order Date: 07/27/2020
Delivery SMS and Vin: 8/27/2020
Delivery Date: 9/3/2020

Tampa Florida

VIN: 3086x

Based on info in the spreadsheet the car was manufactured around July 20th. Def dont feel good about this car from the start.

Update! Refused delivery. Tons of issues. Mostly with panel alignment and paint. Also issues with panels on the inside. Delivery rep was nice and agreed that vehicle is not in good shape.

• Informative
I'd be interested to see pics, if you have any! Sorry about the reject.

On a very related note, does Tesla treat customers who have rejected cars as essentially starting completely over or is there been a noticeable priority given? Especially in the case which the service center seemed to agree, such as my rejection on Monday and it sounds like yours as well. It's a little disheartening knowing I might be back at the beginning. (7/16)

I'd be interested to see pics, if you have any! Sorry about the reject.

On a very related note, does Tesla treat customers who have rejected cars as essentially starting completely over or is there been a noticeable priority given? Especially in the case which the service center seemed to agree, such as my rejection on Monday and it sounds like yours as well. It's a little disheartening knowing I might be back at the beginning. (7/16)

Also not sure and what back in queue means. Will keep updating if I get news.