Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<sigh>
Just had tomorrow's delivery pushed back. Rep said truck is delayed in midwest due to weather.

I took the opportunity to ask about the build date and was told 8/23 for my 36xxx. Guess I should have the amber lights.

I'm right there with you....
*My Delivery was Orginally 9/7
*Then got Call that it would be here Early On 9/3, Delivery was set for 9/4.
*Got Call on 9/3, said theres a delay, still in Chicago. Moved to 9/5.
*Got call on 9/4, said the carrier is en route to pick up and Load my MY, should be delivered to SC late Today(9/5). Told to Anticipate 9/6 Delivery, afternoon time. Awaiting Confirmation that it's arrived.
Told them to just put my delivery date back to 9/7. Just in Case of another delay.
**Sigh**

I got a text today that my delivery would be available from Sept 19-20 and I chose the 18th. I am picking up at the Mount Kisco, NY location. It seem like they are getting a lot of the July/Aug orders towards the end of middle of September.

VIN: 43XXX
Delivery date: Sept 18th
Spec: MY LR AWD, MSM on Black, 19” wheels

I'm right there with you....
*My Delivery was Orginally 9/7
*Then got Call that it would be here Early On 9/3, Delivery was set for 9/4.
*Got Call on 9/3, said theres a delay, still in Chicago. Moved to 9/5.
*Got call on 9/4, said the carrier is en route to pick up and Load my MY, should be delivered to SC late Today(9/5). Told to Anticipate 9/6 Delivery, afternoon time. Awaiting Confirmation that it's arrived.
Told them to just put my delivery date back to 9/7. Just in Case of another delay.
**Sigh**

That's pretty much my story. We're currently going with 9/8. Don't know if it is stuck in Chicago, but I was told stuck in mid-west due to weather.

Do the cars built before 9/1 have the pedestrian warning system? Mine was built on 8/25 and was wondering if it would have it. I thought I read somewhere that after 9/1 100% of ev"s must have one.

I've read the same thing, that 50% of each manufacturers EVs had to have the PWS starting 09/01/2019 and 100% starting 09/01/2020. Mine was made in August so I'm hoping it doesn't have it. If it does it's easy to disconnect, there's videos on youtube showing how.

Reactions: Mightybhwk
That's pretty much my story. We're currently going with 9/8. Don't know if it is stuck in Chicago, but I was told stuck in mid-west due to weather.

Exactly, if your Sales Advisor is good, ask them if they can "ping" your vehicle and see where it's location is. I reached out to my SA and he was able to ping it and as of 2 hours ago it was on Route 79 crossing the OH/WV/PA border about an hour out from Washington,PA en route to MD Service Center. Told it should arrive early tomorrow morning. Hope this helps.

Exactly, if your Sales Advisor is good, ask them if they can "ping" your vehicle and see where it's location is. I reached out to my SA and he was able to ping it and as of 2 hours ago it was on Route 79 crossing the OH/WV/PA border about an hour out from Washington,PA en route to MD Service Center. Told it should arrive early tomorrow morning. Hope this helps.

Think I'll just wait. My wife already considers me an excessive nut job.

Picked up my AWD Blue, black/white interior, 19" Gemini with FSD yesterday in Calgary. Had a 750 km (466 mile) drive home.The car was almost perfect. There was some overspray on the hatch that they've arranged for a body shop in Regina to repair. Honestly, if they didn't point it out, I wouldn't have noticed it. There was a scuff on the header on the passenger side, which they will replace with a ranger, and there was some dirt on the header in the back seat which they cleaned.

The drive home was fantastic. It didn't take any time at all to get used to the regenerative braking or the autopilot. Navigation on autopilot was so good I wasn't even tired when I got home. Normally after that long of a drive, I'd be beat.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy! VIN x45xxx.

Picked up my AWD Blue, black/white interior, 19" Gemini with FSD yesterday in Calgary. Had a 750 km (466 mile) drive home.The car was almost perfect. There was some overspray on the hatch that they've arranged for a body shop in Regina to repair. Honestly, if they didn't point it out, I wouldn't have noticed it. There was a scuff on the header on the passenger side, which they will replace with a ranger, and there was some dirt on the header in the back seat which they cleaned.

The drive home was fantastic. It didn't take any time at all to get used to the regenerative braking or the autopilot. Navigation on autopilot was so good I wasn't even tired when I got home. Normally after that long of a drive, I'd be beat.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy! VIN x45xxx.
what kind of 'mileage' did you get?

I got a text today that my delivery would be available from Sept 19-20 and I chose the 18th. I am picking up at the Mount Kisco, NY location. It seem like they are getting a lot of the July/Aug orders towards the end of middle of September.

VIN: 43XXX
Delivery date: Sept 18th
Spec: MY LR AWD, MSM on Black, 19” wheels

Guess I'll be seeing you there! Same day, location and specs. Here's to hoping we both get good cars!

I will be picking up in Orlando on 9/11 and will come very close in my drive home to exceeding the 100-mile limit for reporting paint and cosmetic problems. I would like to read the exact wording of this Tesla policy but cannot find a written document. Does it exist?

Order: 2/23/2020
Changed color: 7/27/2020
VIN: 8/22/2020
VIN #: 389XX
Spec: MY LR AWD, Blue on white, FSD, 19”