Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with my SA. Said he has never heard of the issue with the white paint and that he sold "hundreds", that it was probably just people on the internet and that if there was an issue it would only be "a bad batch" and "maybe a 1 in 100" that MY would have an issues. When I asked if he could take pictures prior to driving up 5 hrs each way, he said no, he couldn't do that, as that wouldn't do anything because of the lighting etc. We went back and forth on it and he said he couldn't do it, sorry, final answer. He then said someone had walked in that he needed to talk too so he had to let me go. He then let me know that I had 3 days once it hit the lot to come get it, and if not the car would be not be mine.

Not exactly what I was expecting or hoping to hear....

Maybe ask for another sales person. Do you have anyone in town that will do you a solid and take pics for you? Maybe someone here taking delivery at your location can visit the lot while they wait take pick of your car?

sucks man i;'d seriously be contemplating cancelling. I'm picking mine up tomorrow in houston, I'll let the group know how it went. So far its been a frustrating experience.

Hey everyone, first time posting here! Been following along these threads worried about when I'd actually receive my delivery. Here are my details:

Black/Black Long Range MY
Ordered 9/8 from Paramus
VIN Received 9/10
VIN 48XXX
Delivery date 9/24

I'm really surprised at how quickly this is happening given the news on the 7-11 week delivery time on the Tesla site.

Hey everyone, first time posting here! Been following along these threads worried about when I'd actually receive my delivery. Here are my details:

Ordered 9/8 from Paramus
VIN Received 9/10
VIN 48XXX
Delivery date 9/24

I'm really surprised at how quickly this is happening given the news on the 7-11 week delivery time on the Tesla site.

How the hell do some of you get your VIN so quickly...?

Reactions: stlclint

Ordered 9/8 from Paramus
VIN Received 9/10
VIN 48XXX
Delivery date 9/24

It's either the absolutely terrible logistics that Tesla has or you are now matched with an order that fell through. If it is the latter and was due to the original buyer having financing issues or just no longer interested after waiting so long, then you're all good. That said, I'd be extremely thorough on looking for any defects when you take delivery because there is a pretty decent chance you are simply getting one that was rejected by someone else for defects. It's just crazy how often Telsa pulls that crap.

MY - Blue, LR AWD/Black Int, Geminis, FSD, No Tow.

Ordered 8/15
VIN matched on 9/8, was notified today by SA.
VIN 45xxx, born on 9/6
Estimated delivery the "week of Sept 20" per my SA. (Fingers crossed!)

Looking forward to clearing out the "loading dock" (aka dining room/table) of the boxes of stuff I seem to have collected for the MY: floor mats, screen protector, puddle lights, Homelink, roof shade. ;)

Just got the text today to schedule my delivery time. They are only offering 9/22&23 but we are away 9/20-25. I texted back asking if I can do the delivery before or after and waiting to hear back. What happens if they can’t change the date? I lose it and wait longer??

White/Black, LR AWD, 19" wheels.
Order date - 8/17
Email from Tesla Advisor - 8/22
Tesla update 2-4 weeks text- 9/2
MVPA/VIN 044XXX- 9/8
Picking up in Paramus, NJ.

How long until we are contacted for delivery?? We are doing a road trip from 9/20-25 so hoping we will get it before...

Looking forward to clearing out the "loading dock" (aka dining room/table) of the boxes of stuff I seem to have collected for the MY: floor mats, screen protector, puddle lights, Homelink, roof shade.

Same here, mine's just spread out across the bed in the guest bedroom.

Recieved a text telling me my car was due to arrive in Charlotte tomorrow and askin if I'd like to move my delivery date from the 17th to either the 12th or 13th. Ummmm, hell yes. Now scheduled for 11:30 AM Saturday. I'm a happy camper.

Order date was 8/5 so order to delivery will be 5 weeks and 3 days.

LR AWD Red / White

Reactions: MrFancypants
Model Y LR AWD, Red, black interior, Larger Black wheels, tow hitch

Ordered 7/27
First delivery date 8/25, now 9/6
Vin - 40XXX

So, my car actually came in TWO DAYS EARLY, on 9/4. Crazy. And, I've found a couple of minor defects (Rear Tesla logo is half missing, center console lid doesn't close properly, tow hitch is missing), but the major paint issues and panel gaps appear to be non-existent on my car. And, I checked - a lot.