Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the text today to schedule my delivery time. They are only offering 9/22&23 but we are away 9/20-25. I texted back asking if I can do the delivery before or after and waiting to hear back. What happens if they can’t change the date? I lose it and wait longer??
Sorry to say, but unless they change their policy you'll likely lose it and go back into the queue. If you look at other posts, they've been giving people 3 days from the day the car is ready and not one day more. We've seen folks able to pick up on the 4th day who had their cars reallocated.

there were 7 other white MYs on the lot. The Tesla employee said they are waiting for a sunny day to try to deliver them.

every single one had paint mismatch.

So basically, you need to move it to a shaded area if it is sunny so you get the full spectrum. That’s a shadey move by the delivery center to want a sunny day to hid the mismatch.
Dreading my delivery day as much as I am excited and hopeful!

So, my car actually came in TWO DAYS EARLY, on 9/4. Crazy. And, I've found a couple of minor defects (Rear Tesla logo is half missing, center console lid doesn't close properly, tow hitch is missing), but the major paint issues and panel gaps appear to be non-existent on my car. And, I checked - a lot.

Just shows there ain't no knowin'

That's my exact config. Ordered 8/11, VIN 36xxx picked up a couple days ago. SO how come you didn't get mine? (Although I"m happy I guess. Sounds like mine is a little better AND I did check. I do have the hitchreceiver]

Actually I just looked at the store and it indicates the bar with no ball. I've have to check but I've got a receiver, but don't think there is any tow bar.

White/White LR MY, Induction wheels, No hitch, No FSD.
Ordered 23/8 from Springfield, NJ
Changed exterior color from Red to White on 29/8
Changed interior color from Black to White on 9/5 (however at this point VIN was for W/B configuration was already assigned)
VIN Received 9/10
VIN 49XXX
Delivery date 9/24

White/White LR MY, Induction wheels, No hitch, No FSD.
Ordered 23/8 from Springfield, NJ
Changed exterior color from Red to White on 29/8
Changed interior color from Black to White on 9/5 (however at this point VIN was for W/B configuration was already assigned)
VIN Received 9/10
VIN 49XXX
Delivery date 9/24
Wow 49xxx. Looks like I will be 50k+. I remember back when I wondered if I would hit 40k...

Good to know. Did you pull it off yourself? Any tips on how to do it?

Not before I accepted delivery and got home. I figured they couldn't deny a missing receiver. But the other thing you can do

I had bought the Living Tesla pry tools Model Y Hitch Cover Removal Tools | LivingTesla a couple weeks ago. I think they helped.

It was still pretty hard. Watch the video there. Also hard to get back on but I think with a couple tries getting it back on will be better. Not sure getting it off will ever be easy. I will only use it for a bike rack so will probably leave it off all summer.

The other thing to watch for, at least with bike racks is how far the hatch swings out. With that open button right on the main screen, I figure I'm bound to accidentally press it with the rack on and end up with the hatch whacking the rack. Don't care about the rack so much of course.

I think you can also verify without pulling off the cover. I believe that you don't see trailer mode unless the hitch is installed (of course relies on the hardware & software being in sync). Just press Controls(the car silhouette)->Driving->scroll down to bottom for the trailer mode switch. Also if you flip it on, you should see a red(?) trailer icon show up I think on the top left.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Koolio46