Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just received a call from the Mt. Kisco dealership saying that my delivery is delayed till next Sunday and is stuck in chicago. My delivery was do for tomorrow at 4pm. I’m just wondering if anyone else who has a delivery at Mt. Kisco got the same call. This experience has been frustrating and them letting people know the night before is not right.

VIN: 43XXX
Delivery date: previous date Sept 18th, then the 20th and now the Sept 27th
Spec: MY LR AWD, MSM on Black, 19” wheels

Reactions: Tundrok and CO_MY
not mt kisco, central nj here so not too far. i was all ready to pick up on I think 9/8 when i found out mine was stuck in chicago as well. Sticky business, this Chicago thing.

You have been waiting since the 8th, That is horrible. I’m really not sure what is gong on in Chicago. When are you schedules for your new delivery?

I have just received a call from the Mt. Kisco dealership saying that my delivery is delayed till next Sunday and is stuck in chicago. My delivery was do for tomorrow at 4pm. I’m just wondering if anyone else who has a delivery at Mt. Kisco got the same call. This experience has been frustrating and them letting people know the night before is not right.

Boston here. Same story. Was scheduled for delivery on 9/21. First received a text saying it wass delayed in Chicago. Next received a phone call where they told me that they travel by train from Fremont to Chicago and then truck from there. Was told that it shipped 5 days ago and is still en route to Chicago. Delivery date moved to 29th.

Boy, you people should count yourself lucky! You at least had some communication from Tesla. A delivery date! I've heard nothing from Tesla. Noticed my MVPA appeared last weekend. Couple of days later, the VIN number changed from 45K to 48K.
I've been waiting since Nov. 2019. I delayed once in March.
LR AWD White, Black interior, Gemini wheels. FSD.
Mt. Kisco is the delivery location. If anyone has a contact at Mt. Kisco they're willing to share, I would really like to know what's going on with my car. I'd hate to have to renew my loan approval.

Boston here. Same story. Was scheduled for delivery on 9/21. First received a text saying it wass delayed in Chicago. Next received a phone call where they told me that they travel by train from Fremont to Chicago and then truck from there. Was told that it shipped 5 days ago and is still en route to Chicago. Delivery date moved to 29th.
Ugh, this is not encouraging for me either. I’m supposed to take delivery on 9/24.

What’s your VIN? And do you know what day your was built?

Mine was built on 9/8 and I’m trying to see if vehicles produced around the same dates as me are in the same shipment batch to MA / north east.

Given the reports of cars being stuck in Chicago, it must be something to do with the logistics there...wonder what the cause is.

Hey jubovi, very similar story here ... Ordered on 08/06, was asked to set a delivery date around 09/04 and picked the 20th for delivery. Got an email from My Kisco (and text from my sales guy) that the car is stuck in Chicago. Same build:
VIN 43xxx, MSM on black, LR, 19"

They didn't give me a new date but only said that the car is now "slated to arrive" on 9/25. Probably will take a few extra days to be ready for pick up.

Upside in this: We'll get to see what Battery Day brings :) ... Don't care about fast delivery, just spare me exterior misalignments.

Final update!
  • Ordered 8/13/20 (finalized 2016 Model X trade-in on 8/17/20)
  • VIN assigned on 9/17/20 (51XXX)
  • LR AWD
  • Exterior: Solid Black Paint, 20" Induction Wheels
  • Interior: Black and White Premium Interior
  • No FSD, no tow hitch
  • Delivery: Original appointment text received on 9/17/20 for delivery appointment on 9/22/20. Received a call/VM on 9/19/20 that my Y arrived early and picked up same day.
Meet Storm; she's so beautiful! I'll miss my X, but excited for my new girl.
F823C4A4-1A3D-4717-BB55-10AE117E9417_4_5005_c.jpeg
0C1AB4E6-747C-42B0-B618-89BAFFA71053_4_5005_c.jpeg

Final update!
  • Ordered 8/13/20 (finalized 2016 Model X trade-in on 8/17/20)
  • VIN assigned on 9/17/20 (51XXX)
  • LR AWD
  • Exterior: Solid Black Paint, 20" Induction Wheels
  • Interior: Black and White Premium Interior
  • No FSD, no tow hitch
  • Delivery: Original appointment text received on 9/17/20 for delivery appointment on 9/22/20. Received a call/VM on 9/19/20 that my Y arrived early and picked up same day.
Meet Storm; she's so beautiful! I'll miss my X, but excited for my new girl.
View attachment 590195 View attachment 590196
Beautiful!! let us know how you feel after the dust settles and the butterflies wane.

Ordered: 09/12
VIN: 445XX (09/16)
Delivery Date: 09/22
Spec: White, Black interior, 19" wheels, no tow, no fsd
Wow, crazy quick. Where did you take delivery?

I ordered White/White, 20” wheels, no tow, no FSD on 08/26 (VIN 46xxx). Delivery originally scheduled for 09/21, but they reached out last Wednesday to tell me it’s held up at the border, so 09/23 delivery now. Switched from Lawrence to their Vaughan location (my SA’s recommendation).

Fingers crossed the white matches, but I’m not hopeful.

Man, sorry to hear what you’ve gone through. That’s just frustrating.
Just today, I’ve gotten some news that my car may be delayed. Here’s what’s happened to me so far:
  • On 9/10, my delivery appointment was set for 9/24 because the ETA for the vehicle was 9/23. My SA scheduled the appointment for me so I’ve never received a text from Tesla about expected arrival date or to schedule a delivery date.
  • Called my SC on 9/16 to check in on status of my delivery so I can time my trade in. I’m told my car has an ETA of 9/21 but the last ping for my car was Milpitas, CA (I’m almost certain this is where they ship the cars by rail to the east coast). Was told to call back in a couple of days to check on status because the car could still arrive on 9/21.
  • Call the SC again today to check on status and a different person tells me my ETA is 10/1. Wtf. I ask him to check the ping location and he tells me Milpitas. I ask him for the date of the ping...answer, 9/8, which is when my car was manufactured.
I’m hoping the data in their system isn’t truly up to date and that my car will still arrive sometime between 9/21-9/23.

When I start seeing east coast folks take deliveries of VINs in the 49xxx range, then I’m going to assume my car is in the same shipment batch (my VIN is 49xxx).
I'm in S Florida...finalized my white/white LR 20" black wheels on August 27th. Picking up my Y on Sept 26th. My VIN is 488xx

• Informative
Reactions: Koolio46
Wow, crazy quick. Where did you take delivery?

I ordered White/White, 20” wheels, no tow, no FSD on 08/26 (VIN 46xxx). Delivery originally scheduled for 09/21, but they reached out last Wednesday to tell me it’s held up at the border, so 09/23 delivery now. Switched from Lawrence to their Vaughan location (my SA’s recommendation).

Fingers crossed the white matches, but I’m not hopeful.
I ordered from the Vaughan location! So far, mines still says Sep. 22 delivery day. Sorry to hear about your delay! Fingers crossed for us both.

Order 8/27
VIN48xxx (build date?)
Delivery Date 9/27
Spec: White LR AWD 19” Black No tow , No FSD

No MVPA Only VIN ....sales said MVPA will be upload 24-48 hours before delivery date? real?
I got my MVPA this past Saturday, which was the day before my second rescheduled delivery (first was Sept18th then Sept 20th). Because of the delayed delivery, My delivery is now this Sunday the 27th at the Mt. Kisco location, I might get another MVPA emailed to me but I’m not sure.