Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up white/black 20” no tow vin 483xx on Friday. No major issues which based on everything I’ve been reading I was expecting something. I have 2 scuffs on the top glass, minor alignment on passenger rear door. All of these I have a due bill for and will get fixed. Very happy and spent the day yesterday taking family for rides.

Reactions: gnoeou and Koolio46
Just an update and apologies it is "late"....with a few questions (if the questions doesn't get answered Ill ask in new topic)

Disclaimer: Have not looked at this vehicle in pure sunlight at my own home, at my own movement yet. I plan to do this tomorrow as I work today. This information is just based on the 1.5 hours I spent at the delivery process.

Picked up VIN 51xxx White/Black 19" No Tow, No FSD, yesterday (9/26) at Irvine Parking Garage (along with about 500 other people lol more on to that later).

I was skeptical of this location, vs a proper delivery location, but if you are picking up here, to me, it is just like a delivery location, they just need more space. Best advice I can give you for this location.....BRING a good flashlight, AND ask for them to move your car to a spot that gets good light. I was parked on the inside SUPER close to another vehicle. DARK, and couldn't open doors enough. After spending 30+ minutes trying to look at everything, I got fed up and just asked NICELY to just move it "over there with more light", super helpful and they moved it no problems. I did everything about 3 times minimum. So, opening door, closing. Trunk, open close. Frunk open close. From inside cabin, from outside cabin. Each seat belt. etc etc. I am sure it was excessive, but meh.

Issues (all will be fixed by them question on this though):
* One tiny tiny tiny paint scuff on the front bumper between the headlight. About 2-3 inches long, but about a hair width. Almost like drawing a line with a pencil. Luckily I saw that even in the "dark" area, however, was even easier to see once car was moved.

* The a pillar on the passenger side, right near where the dash meets, tiny little scuff/scratch probably when dash was being put in or something, scraped a bit

* Driver side back seat, black plastic trim, near doorwell on bottom had like a hard protruding section in the black plastic, and when plastic is stretched and pushed, it turns "white".

Issues (that they said were "in spec" or "would not be fixed, yet".....
* Passenger door, when closed with "normal" strength would not close all way, was told this is the plastic seal needs to give a little and be a little more pliable, since it was new, needs to soften a bit. I would say 2/10 times with a normal push close, it would close, other than that would need a bit of a harder close. Closing from the inside was perfect each time. I am assuming that when on the inside, you pull the door closed the WHOLE way, giving it that extra strength, as opposed to the outside that when you close you tend to let go of the door

* Rear Driver side door same issue as above.

* Rear driver side door, is SLIGHTLY miss-aligned. Was told this was in spec, I don't care, I added to my service appointment anyways (more on this later). I would say 1/8th or less of an inch up. If you run your finger from rear door to front door, your finger will catch it, or if you are looking from the rear to the front at a side angle you will catch it. Thing is, even after catching it, and even after I KNOW it is there, walking back to the car, I don't even "see" it.

* Both coat hangers (more of the driver side) are kind of "sagging" a bit. something I didn't mention to them as I forgot, but included it in my appointment.

The good:
Panel gaps! Seriously!
After seeing every picture here, after seeing all the horror stories. Wow. I felt I was the lucky one. I didn't notice ANY panel gaps EXCEPT for the rocker panel, and from what I can see, I would have thought that was NORMAL otherwise, as it is NOT even that bad/noticeable

Did NOT see any bumper color front or back discoloration. Only thing I could tell from either, is that the bumpers are "plastic" vs the "metal" body. What I mean by that, is if you get the right sunlight, and the right angle, you will see the body "sparkle" but the bumpers "shine" instead.

I will post pictures later as they are on my phone, getting ready for work, and will want to look at it in my own sunlight lol!

My question:

They said they were going to note my account for those 3 fixes, and get it taken care of (probably have to email them). But I did NOT see a service appointment, am I just supposed to create my own service appointment for those fixes, and my account is just noted to fix them? Or were they supposed to create the service appointment for me? (because they didn't). Either way I created a service appointment with all the fixes and will be calling them on monday.

Picked up my Y yesterday in Dublin, CA. I live about three hours away, so the delivery person I spoke with set me up with an 8-12 appointment, and told me to plan on being there at noon. I got a text on the way with the space # where I could find my car.

When we got off the freeway and drove toward the facility, we noticed multiple parking lots nearby that were jam packed with cars.

Once we got to Tesla, we learned that there was some paperwork to finish up. I asked if I could inspect the car first, and they obliged. the car looked beautiful.

We returned to sign the docs and it was all ready to go and painless.

When we returned to the car, we noticed a few smudges and asked them to make sure that they were above the clearcoat. They washed and polished the car, and thankfully it all came out.

After leaving the lot, they marked the car as “delivered” and activated my premium connectivity and the car showed up in the app. This allowed me to do my EAP upgrade. After that, we returned our rental car and had a sweet ride home.

I love it!

Just an update and apologies it is "late"....with a few questions (if the questions doesn't get answered Ill ask in new topic)

Disclaimer: Have not looked at this vehicle in pure sunlight at my own home, at my own movement yet. I plan to do this tomorrow as I work today. This information is just based on the 1.5 hours I spent at the delivery process.

Picked up VIN 51xxx White/Black 19" No Tow, No FSD, yesterday (9/26) at Irvine Parking Garage (along with about 500 other people lol more on to that later).

I was skeptical of this location, vs a proper delivery location, but if you are picking up here, to me, it is just like a delivery location, they just need more space. Best advice I can give you for this location.....BRING a good flashlight, AND ask for them to move your car to a spot that gets good light. I was parked on the inside SUPER close to another vehicle. DARK, and couldn't open doors enough. After spending 30+ minutes trying to look at everything, I got fed up and just asked NICELY to just move it "over there with more light", super helpful and they moved it no problems. I did everything about 3 times minimum. So, opening door, closing. Trunk, open close. Frunk open close. From inside cabin, from outside cabin. Each seat belt. etc etc. I am sure it was excessive, but meh.

* One tiny tiny tiny paint scuff on the front bumper between the headlight. About 2-3 inches long, but about a hair width. Almost like drawing a line with a pencil. Luckily I saw that even in the "dark" area, however, was even easier to see once car was moved.

* The a pillar on the passenger side, right near where the dash meets, tiny little scuff/scratch probably when dash was being put in or something, scraped a bit

* Driver side back seat, black plastic trim, near doorwell on bottom had like a hard protruding section in the black plastic, and when plastic is stretched and pushed, it turns "white".

* Passenger door, when closed with "normal" strength would not close all way, was told this is the plastic seal needs to give a little and be a little more pliable, since it was new, needs to soften a bit. I would say 2/10 times with a normal push close, it would close, other than that would need a bit of a harder close. Closing from the inside was perfect each time. I am assuming that when on the inside, you pull the door closed the WHOLE way, giving it that extra strength, as opposed to the outside that when you close you tend to let go of the door

* Rear driver side door, is SLIGHTLY miss-aligned. Was told this was in spec, I don't care, I added to my service appointment anyways (more on this later). I would say 1/8th or less of an inch up. If you run your finger from rear door to front door, your finger will catch it, or if you are looking from the rear to the front at a side angle you will catch it. Thing is, even after catching it, and even after I KNOW it is there, walking back to the car, I don't even "see" it.

* Both coat hangers (more of the driver side) are kind of "sagging" a bit. something I didn't mention to them as I forgot, but included it in my appointment.

The good:
Panel gaps! Seriously!
After seeing every picture here, after seeing all the horror stories. Wow. I felt I was the lucky one. I didn't notice ANY panel gaps EXCEPT for the rocker panel, and from what I can see, I would have thought that was NORMAL otherwise, as it is NOT even that bad/noticeable

Did NOT see any bumper color front or back discoloration. Only thing I could tell from either, is that the bumpers are "plastic" vs the "metal" body. What I mean by that, is if you get the right sunlight, and the right angle, you will see the body "sparkle" but the bumpers "shine" instead.

I will post pictures later as they are on my phone, getting ready for work, and will want to look at it in my own sunlight lol!

My question:

They said they were going to note my account for those 3 fixes, and get it taken care of (probably have to email them). But I did NOT see a service appointment, am I just supposed to create my own service appointment for those fixes, and my account is just noted to fix them? Or were they supposed to create the service appointment for me? (because they didn't). Either way I created a service appointment with all the fixes and will be calling them on monday.

Door misalignment is extremely common with the MY. Apart for looking terrible, poor alignment also causes the hard closing phenomenon you describe. I had zero luck getting the SC to align my doors on my current Y so I will be rejecting my next Y if the doors aren’t correct.

1. Are your door body lines aligned?
2. Are your doors flush with all adjacent panels in all areas when closed?
3. Are you doors sealed properly when shut (road noise)?
4. Are your gaps even all around the doors and adjacent panels?

If you’re extremely lucky and/persistent, you’ll get 3 out of 4. Good luck.

Got the welcome to your MY text today. I went to my pick up location since I live like 10 minutes from the service center where the car will be picked up. I could not find the car on the lot.

Last edited:
DO NOT accept “no problem... you can make a service appointment and they’ll fix these things” unless it’s minor like window molding adjustments, slight door misalignments, headliner fingerprints, etc. Also, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

After thinking all was in order and I was going to be able to pick up my car at Mt. Kisco today, an employee calls this morning (Sunday) and says there's a problem. My middle initial is missing from my insurance card and the effective date is Monday.

I'm dumbfounded. Why this was not mentioned yesterday, I don't know. Why it was not flagged last week when I uploaded the insurance card, I don't know.

I've reached out to my insurance agent, but he hasn't responded yet.

I've reached out to my Tesla person to find out if this is a deal stopper and should I not come down to the appt. but I'm not surprised he hasn't responded. I also called Mt. Kisco and left a message (they're probably too busy to answer the "delivery day" extension. I've rec'd no call back from them.

Gotta say, the treatment I've rec'd from Mt. Kisco sucks. I assume not everyone getting a car from this location is treated like dirt, but if you're thinking about getting delivery there, think hard about another option. I can't imagine what the experience will be like when I need service, but my first choice will not be Mt.Kisco. I'll drive an extra hour and go to NJ!

I ordered a Blue/Black LR AWD, 19", tow, no FSD on 8/23 for pick up in Scottsdale, AZ.

I checked my Tesla order page yesterday and nothing showed up. I checked again late last night on a whim and saw my MPVA and the "Pay off your balance" message and it listed a VIN of 55796.

Got a text this morning for delivery on Tuesday morning, but I won't be able to make that time and asked for a later time on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon - still waiting to hear back. I also need to get my financing complete on Monday now that I have a VIN, but I think I need Tesla to update the MVPA to show financing and listing my credit union on it for the lien.

They are also giving 1000 free supercharger miles if we take delivery by 9/30. With our referral we'll have 2k miles, that will be nice for a few road trips we'll be taking.

Pretty excited to get it!

Door misalignment is extremely common with the MY. Apart for looking terrible, poor alignment also causes the hard closing phenomenon you describe. I had zero luck getting the SC to align my doors on my current Y so I will be rejecting my next Y if the doors aren’t correct.

Could these be fixed by a body shop? Or if I have the car wrapped, and they remove doors for that, would they be realigned properly when reinstalling?

Could these be fixed by a body shop? Or if I have the car wrapped, and they remove doors for that, would they be realigned properly when reinstalling?

A reputable Tesla certified bodyshop is the best choice, but if the misalignment is minor often times the SC can address it. If the SC tries and fails to correct an alignment problem it likely means a bodyshop is what’s needed.

I would resolve any/all outstanding issues you have with the car prior to spending $$$ on third party accessories or services.

Original order 6/30 - Stealth Perf, Blue, Black, Inductions.
All paperwork and loan info submitted by July 3rd.
Radio silence until Aug 6th, received 3-5 weeks text.
Crickets again until Sep 11th when Tesla contacted to tell me they were not matching VIN's to Stealth orders at present.
Changed to LR (didn't want 21" summer only tires in Utah mountains) on Sep 11th.
Make delivery appointment text on Sep 22nd.
Expected delivery on Sep 28th but SA called and said it was there come and get it.
Inspected and accepted on Sep 25th.

VIN 547xx
Panel fit, alignment & gaps - very good - rear doors are off just a hair but not enough to mess with.
Door bottoms and rocker panels line up well.
Rear seats are a little off and we may have this addressed when Homelink is installed.
Charging port sits flush, tail light gaps are even, hatch & hood gaps are even.
A few adhesive marks on hood and fender cleaned right off.
A couple dark smudges on headliner and trim cleaned off.

Overall, pretty darn happy but a little disappointed that Tesla didn't follow through with original order.
So are you saying Stealths are done? On another thread that’s what someone else said. I got mine on 8/30 but it sounds like now they are done. Can you confirm?

The good:
Panel gaps! Seriously!

My question:

You have to make your own service appointment via the app. Get your due bill in hand because they will ask you for it. My stealth is in the shop for my due bill work since last Thursday. Not a biggie but I do want my car back. Homelink done week three and after four weeks it’s time for my first payment.

After thinking all was in order and I was going to be able to pick up my car at Mt. Kisco today, an employee calls this morning (Sunday) and says there's a problem. My middle initial is missing from my insurance card and the effective date is Monday.

I'm dumbfounded. Why this was not mentioned yesterday, I don't know. Why it was not flagged last week when I uploaded the insurance card, I don't know.

I've reached out to my insurance agent, but he hasn't responded yet.

I've reached out to my Tesla person to find out if this is a deal stopper and should I not come down to the appt. but I'm not surprised he hasn't responded. I also called Mt. Kisco and left a message (they're probably too busy to answer the "delivery day" extension. I've rec'd no call back from them.

Gotta say, the treatment I've rec'd from Mt. Kisco sucks. I assume not everyone getting a car from this location is treated like dirt, but if you're thinking about getting delivery there, think hard about another option. I can't imagine what the experience will be like when I need service, but my first choice will not be Mt.Kisco. I'll drive an extra hour and go to NJ!
Hello, I’m sorry to heard that you have insurance problem can’t pick up your car today at Mt.kisco.

for my opinion,they’re very friendly and helpful, patient to wait let me inspected my car for 45 mins, i found 1 common problem with MY, My trunk lift is misalignment, they able to report to my nearby service department get it done next few day.

Please for understand , they getting 100+ cars delivery everyday, so they won’t be to pick up your call..

Attachments

• 3951D7E4-BD03-41F8-A970-FA62D7A1ABAD.jpeg
    3951D7E4-BD03-41F8-A970-FA62D7A1ABAD.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 6A654E9E-AEBD-4CC1-A0BF-C60E3CC0534F.jpeg
    6A654E9E-AEBD-4CC1-A0BF-C60E3CC0534F.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 45
So are you saying Stealths are done? On another thread that’s what someone else said. I got mine on 8/30 but it sounds like now they are done. Can you confirm?

All I can 'confirm' is that I was told by our SA and Tesla chat that "Tesla is not matching Stealth orders with VINS at this time. You either need to change order to LR or PUP or continue to wait."

We had been waiting from June 30th until Sep 11th with no movement on our order so we changed to LR and had a VIN 10 days later.

1. Are your door body lines aligned?
2. Are your doors flush with all adjacent panels in all areas when closed?
3. Are you doors sealed properly when shut (road noise)?
4. Are your gaps even all around the doors and adjacent panels?

If you’re extremely lucky and/persistent, you’ll get 3 out of 4. Good luck.

1. They definitely looked like it, i will recheck tomorrow.
2. They definitely look like this as well....
3. I havent noticed anything with road noise being excessive, it to me sounds normally quiet
4. gaps LOOK even, I will take a further look tomorrow....the only "gap" is the slight raise of the front driver door, or recessed of the driver rear door, by about 1/16th of an inch

You have to make your own service appointment via the app. Get your due bill in hand because they will ask you for it. My stealth is in the shop for my due bill work since last Thursday. Not a biggie but I do want my car back. Homelink done week three and after four weeks it’s time for my first payment.

never got a copy was told it was noted on the account, and they took pictures to assign it to my account....im hoping that is enough, will email them tomorrow....thanks

3. I havent noticed anything with road noise being excessive, it to me sounds normally quiet
4. gaps LOOK even, I will take a further look tomorrow....the only "gap" is the slight raise of the front driver door, or recessed of the driver rear door, by about 1/16th of an inch

never got a copy was told it was noted on the account, and they took pictures to assign it to my account....im hoping that is enough, will email them tomorrow....thanks

It was enough for me. They never gave a due bill and when I asked they said all I had to do was schedule a service appointment. So I did the same day. The technician came out two days later and started resolving the issues. He also made note/confirmation of the issues for the items the service center would have to take care of.

I bought a panel gap alignment tool so I’ll be able to quantify how even they are. It was about $7 on Amazon.

It was enough for me. They never gave a due bill and when I asked they said all I had to do was schedule a service appointment. So I did the same day. The technician came out two days later and started resolving the issues. He also made note/confirmation of the issues for the items the service center would have to take care of.
how did you make a mobile appointment vs a service center appointment. ?