Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Augusta GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what’s up...stopped by today, zero signs of any activity, and a for sale sign out front. Maybe both are happening...keep the restaurant building for a new owner, with a SC installation part of the deal? Hope they nip icing in the bud up front. But just guessing of course.

Last edited:
I've been told that the new Augusta site is getting closer to happening.

As for your likely next question, I don't know.

I've been told that the new Augusta location is now slated for November construction start, and that it will be at a Steak 'n Shake. The only one of those I can find in Augusta is at 4329 Belair Frontage Rd, Augusta, GA, which is three exits west of the current location.

Start watching for permit pulls in whatever AHJ system is appropriate for that location. I believe this new location is just outside the Augusta city limits, so ... Richmond County?

I don't think we should update supercharge.info until we actually see a permit.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Cowby and Chuq
Hey folks--

We're planning on driving to NC at the end of the week from Naples. Due to flooding, Ocean isle Beach is unfortunately is a no go so we're going to visit our son in Charlotte.

Is the "old" Augusta Supercharger still a viable option to connect to or should we more fully charge in Savannah and skip Augusta and charge in Columbia?

Thanks

I've been told that the new Augusta location is now slated for November construction start, and that it will be at a Steak 'n Shake. The only one of those I can find in Augusta is at 4329 Belair Frontage Rd, Augusta, GA, which is three exits west of the current location.

Interesting.. Tesla actually purchased the old PDQ site didn't they? So they must still have a long term plan for that.

Unless they plan to lease the building for a new Steak 'n Shake?

Interesting.. Tesla actually purchased the old PDQ site didn't they? So they must still have a long term plan for that.

Unless they plan to lease the building for a new Steak 'n Shake?

What was the address for that old site? Because if it is where I assumed it was, when we were there, that site had a sign on it that said "available" . I could have the site confused however.

Yeah, as I recall from this thread and Plugshare checkins, ICE-ing isn't really a problem most of the year. It's during the Masters in April that it gets troublesome, and the Sheraton apparently hasn't been helpful.

It is on the Hilton Garden Inn side of that parking lot - and I believe it was their staff that initially were an issue.

Ah, not Sheraton, thank you for clarifying. I haven't actually seen any of the Augusta sites for myself, about the only charging infrastructure in Georgia that I haven't been to personally.

Icing at the current SC last night. I asked the HG Inn manager about icing she said it’s a public parking lot and anyone can park there. I asked her if employees parked there, she said yes, acting bothered that I would ask.

The new location can’t come too quickly.

Icing at the current SC last night. I asked the HG Inn manager about icing she said it’s a public parking lot and anyone can park there. I asked her if employees parked there, she said yes, acting bothered that I would ask.

The new location can’t come too quickly.
Call and email Tesla and complain. Copy the owners of the hotel. Worked for me in Columbia SC - they made changes there.

I was in the area so I stopped by the Steak and Shake location to take a look. No signs of construction yet but I've been told that it is definitely getting close to starting. This is a pretty big parking lot with several places where they could fit in the stations.