Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Augusta GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An Atlanta-area owner called Tesla and learned that this is down for a "switchgear inspection" and there is no ETA to bring it back online.

My speculation is that something in the switchgear (typically a grey cabinet) burned up, they replaced it, and now it's waiting for AHJ inspection. Or waiting for parts.

That's wild they would let it sit here this long and not repair it. Hopefully, they will inspect/fix it here soon!

Is the 'switchgear' a Georgia Power device or a Tesla device?
It's Tesla's, though not made by them.

If there was a significant failure of the equipment, then it could be quite a long time before the site is reopened. For example, there was a failure of the switchgear at the Fort Worth, TX - Whitmore St. location in January that resulted in a small transformer fire in the autotransformers--not in the utility transformer but the smaller ones that some supercharger sites also use. That incident kept the station offline until August--about 7 months.

It's Tesla's, though not made by them.

If there was a significant failure of the equipment, then it could be quite a long time before the site is reopened. For example, there was a failure of the switchgear at the Fort Worth, TX - Whitmore St. location in January that resulted in a small transformer fire in the autotransformers--not in the utility transformer but the smaller ones that some supercharger sites also use. That incident kept the station offline until August--about 7 months.

Thanks, Very helpful.

Good thing Augusta has another Supercharger station only about 4 miles further along I20.

so really odd but I’m showing 5/10 available at the Belair frontage road charger. But it’s still got a red x saying it’s closed. Not entirely sure if it’s a glitch or not...

Attachments

• 44AE3290-5584-459E-A4D8-FA9D4EA694A1.png
    44AE3290-5584-459E-A4D8-FA9D4EA694A1.png
    600.1 KB · Views: 81
I'm going by on Tuesday so I'll take another look.
Its been showing online through the app and nav, so it should be working!
Augusta Belair/Dyers Road exit is back online. I stopped Yesterday enroute to Charleston, SC and picked up a charge.

Now we need the Charleston SuperCharger!
You’re preaching to the choir on that. I avoid Charleston simply for that reason. It is truly shocking that Charleston has been updated as coming in 2017,2018, and 2019. Looks like it’ll just change to 2020 here soon. Who knows, maybe they’ll throw one up as quickly as they have Metter, GA (A V3 location as well!). I really wonder what’s stopping them....

Reactions: windgrins
I'm very excited that the Metter Supercharger just went online! WooHoo!

I am just excited about the fact that it's a V3 SuperCharger which means hopefully they'll start swapping out existing locations with V3 equipment. Any time saved opes the slot for the next person that much quicker! I am fairly sure this is one of the first SC outside of CA and Vegas that is a V3!

I am just excited about the fact that it's a V3 SuperCharger which means hopefully they'll start swapping out existing locations with V3 equipment. Any time saved opes the slot for the next person that much quicker! I am fairly sure this is one of the first SC outside of CA and Vegas that is a V3!

It looks like the units along the northern freeway in US and Can Am highway are V3 units.

See my mid-Nov hint in the Metter thread for mention of who was likely beat Metter as the first V3 east of the Mississippi, and see the supercharge.info change listing for definitive word of which site did indeed beat it, three days prior to Metter.

Last edited:
I think I read that one was actually open but there looks to be a couple of dozen that are opening in Nov or Dec. Some are actually in the final testing phase with everything in place.

V3 Sites with the opening date in parenthesis are below. As of this post, there are no open V3 chargers besides the ones listed. (unless I just somehow missed one). There are a ton planned to be opened up north though. So based off these dates, and assuming Freemont opened first, this is one of the fifth ones that went active. Though it is tied with Ehrenberg.

California: Santa Rosa (11/20/19), Red Buff (11/26/19), Freemont (unsure)
Nevada: Las Vegas (7/19/19)
Arizona: Ehrenberg (11/27/19)
Georgia: Metter (11/27/19)
Tennesse: Nashville (11/23/19)