Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aurora Supercharger added

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't see this one coming ... but they just added 4 stalls to the Two Brothers Brewing Company in Aurora, IL.

The owners, I am told, both own Red Signature Model S.

Just 75 miles from Rockford, 53 from Highland Park.

Very convenient for private charging! My guess is an arrangement between them and TM. Thanks guys!

Yes, pretty cool.

TeslaMotors SC link: Aurora Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Two Brothers Roundhouse - Two Brothers Roundhouse - Aurora, IL

America's Historical Roundhouse served the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad from 1856 to 1974
572103cv.jpg

Wikipedia:
The Two Brothers Roundhouse, formerly the Walter Payton Roundhouse, America's Historical Roundhouse, and Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy Roundhouse and Locomotive Shop is a historic building converted to a restaurant inAurora, Illinois. It was originally constructed in 1856 as a roundhouse for the Chicago & Aurora Railroad (later Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) and served in this capacity until 1974. It was abandoned until 1995, when a group of investors led by Walter Payton purchased it and converted the building to an entertainment complex. Its most recent tenant is Two Brothers Brewing. The building is the oldest limestone roundhouse in the United States and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.[SUP][2][/SUP]

Last edited:
One of our members went by there today ... it is a TEMPORARY PORTABLE Supercharger.

Apparently a 3 month test. I am told if it "works out" they'll move it a few feet, if not ... who knows?
I guess I just don't get this whole "temporary" SC thing Tesla is trying to sell. I get the hardware is all on a palet. Which makes it easier to deploy,but the wiring for these things has got to be decidedly Non-Trivial right?

I guess I just don't get this whole "temporary" SC thing Tesla is trying to sell. I get the hardware is all on a palet. Which makes it easier to deploy,but the wiring for these things has got to be decidedly Non-Trivial right?
I wonder how much the power company charges for such a connection and how long the lead time is to get such a connection.

I'd imagine that they'd be reluctant to add a transformer for a temporary connection and while I don't know how much extra capacity might be available on typical existing transformers, I'd think having one already in place would be a significant cost savings.

I wonder how much the power company charges for such a connection and how long the lead time is to get such a connection.

I'd imagine that they'd be reluctant to add a transformer for a temporary connection and while I don't know how much extra capacity might be available on typical existing transformers, I'd think having one already in place would be a significant cost savings.
You stated it more eloquently than I did RDoc. Bottom line is if there happens to be capacity available then it's probably not THAT expensive.

It is free to use like any other. I stopped by there for lunch today as I was working nearby.

They had to dig a trench at least 30 feet from the farthest charger to the "green" transformer. No wires visible where the connection is made.
No idea what concrete excavation work costs but I would think it's a lot of work ($) to get permits, excavation, cable runs, delivery all for two chargers for 3 months.

Unless maybe the restaurant picks up the tab?

I just hope they're staying there. Then again, might be even more ideal being located closer to I-88? It's 3 mile (gosh!) drive.