Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aust and NZ car shows 2016-2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you know of any car shows coming up around Australia or NZ over the the next 7-8 months post it on this thread, I have the Shannons car and bike expo in Hobart pencilled in for April 9th, another good reason to visit Tassie.

There's a number of owners on here who display their cars occasionally, at General car shows, EV car shows and regional agricultural shows, most days are a lot of fun, a large percentage of the general public have little knowledge of EVs except for the poorly researched information drip-fed to them by the mainstream media, the good news is virtually all the people that approach the car are very keen to see EVs, Battery storage and renewable energy become a big part of the future.
A few fun facts:
A lot of people still dont know anything about Tesla cars, normally the door handles and touchscreen attract them to the car, every feature you tell them about such as storage space, safety, low centre of gravity, driving range, low refuel cost, low maintenance causes their jaw to drop even further to the ground, incredible acceleration and autopilot haven't even been mentioned yet.
There's always that one person per day that will tell you Hydrogen is the future or the batteries are toxic and bad for the environment, bring it on!
A number of people take dual motor to mean one petrol motor and one electric motor.
Almost everyone wants to know how long it takes to charge, best answer is 20 seconds, 10 to plug in, 10 to unplug.
Almost everyone ends up asking about the price, less than a Maserati, but twice as good.

This Sunday the 2nd of October a handful of Tesla's will be on display at the Rotary car show in Como as part of the Australian electric vehicle association display, the venue will be full of mostly petrol cars from near new to almost 100 years old, going to have to give Atomic Tesla a really good clean or it's going to look out of place.

Reactions: jbcarioca
There is 'Show and Go' day on the 15th October, if anyone is interested. I attended last year, 2 weeks after getting my Tesla, a lot of interest and questions, plus a full 'Insane' or 'Ludicrous' if you want on the drag strip gets plenty of comments. Just a gold coin donation for entry. They typically have a generator in use on the day, which has 3ph 5pin outlets. I could make my Maxicharger available if required.
Hope to see you there!

I have mentioned previously that there is a meet on the 29th October at Portland, Vic where I will be taking some Probus Club members for a 'ride' on the drag strip. This coincides with the 'Test n Tune' event and Upwelling Festival in Portland.

PADMEC Show n Go - Oct 15th 2016

On 20th November there is a Rotary Festival of Wheels at Moorabbin airport (see attachment).If anyone is interested in showing off (static display) their Tesla whilst helping a charity, please contact me for information to be a part of the Tesla contingent I am organising.

Attachments

• Festival of Wheels.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
There is 'Show and Go' day on the 15th October, if anyone is interested. I attended last year, 2 weeks after getting my Tesla, a lot of interest and questions, plus a full 'Insane' or 'Ludicrous' if you want on the drag strip gets plenty of comments. Just a gold coin donation for entry. They typically have a generator in use on the day, which has 3ph 5pin outlets. I could make my Maxicharger available if required.
Hope to see you there!

I have mentioned previously that there is a meet on the 29th October at Portland, Vic where I will be taking some Probus Club members for a 'ride' on the drag strip. This coincides with the 'Test n Tune' event and Upwelling Festival in Portland.

PADMEC Show n Go - Oct 15th 2016

Just a heads up for anyone who was planing to attend the 29th October event - it has been cancelled due to recent amount of heavy rainfall ....
Welcome to South Coast Raceway

Celebration of the motor car, Cottosloe civic centre 27-11-2016, 170 cars from the past 110 years, Atomic Tesla probably has more stone chips than the rest put together but she wears them with pride.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Due to inconsistencies in Spotifiy Tesla has now downloaded live music
image.jpg

• Love
Reactions: strykeroz