TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aust Price Rise Nov 2015

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Damo11, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Damo11

Damo11 Member

Today I took the plunge and bought a P85D and will let my wife know shortly...

For or those considering buying, I received an email from Tesla yesterday and they told me to expect a price rise from the 27th of November for Aust delivered Teslas. Apparently they are expecting about 6% which if you add on LCT could be around $20,000 more for a P85D. It makes sense given the AUD falls. Has anyone else heard this? It may be sales talk but they seemed genuine and put it in writing

2. raynewman

raynewman Member

James in Brisbane says the same sort of thing.

3. ColinA

ColinA Member

James told me that too, which certainly pushed my order along.

4. paulp

paulp Member

#4 paulp, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    I recieved a call from matt 10.30pm on a saturday night suggesting I order immediately before an overnight price rise (back in late april). Indeed the price did rise substantially that night. No other car salesman would do that. I immediately ordered.
    Sometimes tesla communication is extraordinary!

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Unfortunately, that sort of info from Tesla is usually accurate and not sales pressure.

6. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Yep...I bought my yet to be delivery 70 before the last price rise....that worked out at around $10K saved once LCT is included etc....after this next price rise it makes the car quite a bit more expensive...glad I bough when I did...James tells me I have around 2 weeks to go before I'll be picking up my 70 :) yay....

-ECIT

7. jeebb_

jeebb_ Member

Hopefully next years price adjustments are all down, wishful thinking tho. At least as the Model 3 payments begin. AUD to USD value is costing quite a bit! 10's of thousands added to the S in the last 12 months. I'm sure the Aus sales team hate it just as much as the buyers

8. Kayto

Kayto Member

Congratulations Damo11! I'm sure you'll love the car. Exciting times are ahead.
    It's good of you to let others know about the imminent price rise.

9. Aussie Yank

Aussie Yank Member

This discussion goes back to the first of the year. Some of us were LUCKY enough to buy the car early. My price was set of 1 December, and the price has increased 30% since then (three price increases plus the one coming). Tesla does not inflate their prices over the effect of exchange rate like the BMWs, MERs, etc, so their prices swing more often.

Don't count of an "improvement" in the exchange rate for the next several years, it is likely to be below $0.65 for a very long time. Its natural rate, historically is 65 cents, not a dollar.....commodity prices are not likely to improve for a decade or more

Buy now and ENJOY the ride

10. ZTrekus

ZTrekus Member

So the price rise DIDN'T happen??

11. raynewman

raynewman Member

It's not 27 November at the mothership yet.

12. paulp

paulp Member

Maybe my april ordered car will be worth more than I paid, after the next price increase.

13. ColinA

ColinA Member

11:30pm on the 27th at the mothership as I write. Price rise in the next 30 minutes??

14. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Replacement cost of my car is $168,000 in blue (no brown anymore) and without second charger which is $20,000 more than last December.
    Seems much the same as a quote I did a few weeks ago.

15. ColinA

ColinA Member

James (Tesla QLD) told me today at the QLD meet the price increase was delayed due to thanksgiving (no one working if any problems) so it was put of until this Monday... I'd imagine that's US time, so overnight Monday night for us.

16. jeebb_

jeebb_ Member

New prices are now on the website
    S70 base price now from $111,400 (was 106,100)
    P85D base pricenow $165,000 (was 157,000)

This is before taxes and rego

17. ColinA

ColinA Member

Price rises are live on the web site - around 6% affecting base prices and options. The configuration we ordered two weeks ago for around $155K is now $166K.

18. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Second price prise for me, my car (about to be delivered, order just before the previous price rise...so 2 prices rises now since I ordered) has gone up a total of $15,928 including taxes.

Mine is a Model S 70, pano roof, next gen leather seats, base white, delivered to VIC....represents a 12.5% increase in 5 months basically.

-ECIT

19. paulp

paulp Member

My 85D ordered in april and recieved late october has increased 30k, which is just under 20%.

20. ColinA

ColinA Member

Wish I'd ordered mine when you ordered yours... alas I did not really even know about Teslas until September when I drive one in the USA. I was sold immediately and after a month or so of research my order was in.