Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin-area Model X burns to slag after accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CyberGus

Not Just a Member
May 5, 2020
Austin, TX
The Austin local news is reporting that a Model X disintegrated in fire this week after a major crash:

Seems to have been caused by a drunken teenager who, despite the damage, suffered no injuries.

I am cautious about giving my adult married daughters keys to my MX :cool: Does insurance cover accidents of a DUI driver?

Insurance will not cover fraudulent or intentional acts, but it must cover illegal acts. Technically, all at-fault accidents are the result of doing something illegal.

The Tesla has a speed-limiting mode, enforced by PIN:

The Austin local news is reporting that a Model X disintegrated in fire this week after a major crash:

Seems to have been caused by a drunken teenager who, despite the damage, suffered no injuries.
Drunk + teenager + 0-60 sub 4 seconds = bad accident.

We had a similar one down the road from us. It was 17-year-olds + alcohol + Corvette = burned-out hunk of fiberglass + 2 bodies.

"...because it's a Tesla it took 50X more water to extinguish than a normal car fire would." <-- This would be a problem with *any* electric car; not just a Tesla. Really getting tired of lazy reporting.
Yep. And fires are the reason GM originally said don't park your Bolt in your garage or charge it past 80%. Now they are at, we are not going to sell the Bolt, and don't trust the LG batteries.