Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin Build 2023 Quality Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin Build PA095xxx. Overall exterior panel gaps and paint were fine. 4D1 Rear Motor.

Main gripes are the two front door panel alignment gap and paint scratches on the passenger side. Would appreciate any feedback if the interior door panel gaps in the first photo is normal.

Scheduled a service appointment and received the following message: "Please be advised the lines inside the door jams due appear to be within spec but we will inspect."

Service Center Estimated Completion date is just as unreliable as the vehicle's EDD Date, likely due to a 3rd party body shop. Took delivery on 4/7. Turned in the car on Monday 4/17 (with less than 50 miles on the odometer) and the Service Center estimated completion date has been pushed out four times as of today (4/45); latest estimated completion date is 4/28. I'm assuming this isn't the typical scenario and glad they gave me a loaner MS 75.

If any of you have experienced extended servicing, has your service center provided you with any supercharging credits or premium connectivity extensions (ours expires 5/7, of which half that time the vehicle has been at the service center)?

Austin build. MY LR. 19” Geminis. Clicked Buy on the Saturday following the infamous Thursday price drop. Took delivery Feb 18th in Burbank. Pleased with suspension and handling vs that of the previous MY’s I’ve driven. Fit and finish is quite good. Interior fit/finish and materials is great. No rattles or creaks. Two minor cosmetic flaws. Made a service appt for 1) driver's door not quite flush and 2) passenger side fender/front quarter panel slightly mis-aligned. Door should be an easy fix of adjusting the striker plate, I’d think. But curious about the fender/A-pillar alignment - has anyone had experience with Tesla correcting this kind of panel issue? If both concerns can be corrected the 120 mile round-trip to the Burbank SC will be worth it. Again, these are fine tuning/OCD level issues - big picture: great car!

View attachment 921997
I have the same type of fender to A pillar issue on the drivers side. Were they able to fix your issue?

Picked up yesterday in Paramus, NJ, and had to drive 370 miles to get home in Maine.

Flawless. Even had a software update as soon as I connected to the home wifi.

Supercharging wasn't as impressive as I'd hoped (top rate was only 170kW), but it worked every time, and was over 80kW at 60%.

Worlds better than the ID4 and Electricfy America.

Reactions: GOVA and Oparide
Service Center Estimated Completion date is just as unreliable as the vehicle's EDD Date, likely due to a 3rd party body shop. Took delivery on 4/7. Turned in the car on Monday 4/17 (with less than 50 miles on the odometer) and the Service Center estimated completion date has been pushed out four times as of today (4/45); latest estimated completion date is 4/28. I'm assuming this isn't the typical scenario and glad they gave me a loaner MS 75.

If any of you have experienced extended servicing, has your service center provided you with any supercharging credits or premium connectivity extensions (ours expires 5/7, of which half that time the vehicle has been at the service center)?
i just got my model Y on 4/27.and spend a week for service.my experience is they wont be able fix the most gap.they will ask you to 3rd party bodyshop to do it.thats another waiting period.nobody knows the bodyshop may make it worst.so i gave up fix the gap.

i just got my model Y on 4/27.and spend a week for service.my experience is they wont be able fix the most gap.they will ask you to 3rd party bodyshop to do it.thats another waiting period.nobody knows the bodyshop may make it worst.so i gave up fix the gap.
That's the way to go.., as long as it doesn't cause water leak issue, you're good. After driving the car for a while, I don't even care about the gaps on mine anymore lol

I have the same type of fender to A pillar issue on the drivers side. Were they able to fix your issue?
Austin build. MY LR. 19” Geminis. Clicked Buy on the Saturday following the infamous Thursday price drop. Took delivery Feb 18th in Burbank. Pleased with suspension and handling vs that of the previous MY’s I’ve driven. Fit and finish is quite good. Interior fit/finish and materials is great. No rattles or creaks. Two minor cosmetic flaws. Made a service appt for 1) driver's door not quite flush and 2) passenger side fender/front quarter panel slightly mis-aligned. Door should be an easy fix of adjusting the striker plate, I’d think. But curious about the fender/A-pillar alignment - has anyone had experience with Tesla correcting this kind of panel issue? If both concerns can be corrected the 120 mile round-trip to the Burbank SC will be worth it. Again, these are fine tuning/OCD level issues - big picture: great car!

View attachment 921997
@Stan Powers were you able to get this A-pillar issue fixed?

View attachment 921997
Having had a pretty poor experience with mis-aligned doors, fenders, and headlights on my 2020 MYLR, I will reject the 2023 MY I ordered if it comes in with any of those issues. The odds that Tesla will address any of these concerns to your satisfaction is less than 50% in my experience. It’s not worth the hassle. Just my $0.02.

Just took delivery of PA190xxx in Carlsbad CA. Model Y LR. The car was almost flawless, went over the car with a checklist the next day. Found one very slight issue with the right rear passenger door but overall very good quality. The lower part of the rear door seems to be a little proud of the door jam when closed but it is so slight it is almost not noticeable. Not going to try to get it fixed. Very happy with the overall process. Kind of surprised when looking at the vin that it was from Austin and was delivered in Southern CA.

Just took delivery of PA190xxx in Carlsbad CA. Model Y LR. The car was almost flawless, went over the car with a checklist the next day. Found one very slight issue with the right rear passenger door but overall very good quality. The lower part of the rear door seems to be a little proud of the door jam when closed but it is so slight it is almost not noticeable. Not going to try to get it fixed. Very happy with the overall process. Kind of surprised when looking at the vin that it was from Austin and was delivered in Southern CA.
if it's LR, it wasn't built in Austin

• Disagree
Reactions: mwdietertg
I have an order in for a MYLR and the advisor told me it was coming from Texas (arriving in 2 days). That said, advisor is no longer very responsive so I may have a hard time confirming.
Received car yesterday. Did interior and exterior inspection with my dad and accepted the car. It is midnight silver with white interior, MYLR. I then had a 300 mile drive home and it all went well, except for the car often slowing down cruise control speed cause of (assuming) items it saw up ahead.

Haven’t seen posts here in a while and wanted to add my car to this thread. Took delivery of a Jan 2024 build MYLR with tow package yesterday in PA. Car is excellent. I am very picky and they gave me as much time as I wanted to look it over. I was impressed from start to finish with the staff at the Devon, PA service center. The only thing out of ordinary I noticed was an R written above my drivers side door. It was with a wax crayon and because the car sat in inventory for so long it took some minor buffing to remove. I have had many mid to higher end cars and the panel gaps, build quality, fit and finish of the Y are as good as any I’ve had.

Haven’t seen posts here in a while and wanted to add my car to this thread. Took delivery of a Jan 2024 build MYLR with tow package yesterday in PA. Car is excellent. I am very picky and they gave me as much time as I wanted to look it over. I was impressed from start to finish with the staff at the Devon, PA service center. The only thing out of ordinary I noticed was an R written above my drivers side door. It was with a wax crayon and because the car sat in inventory for so long it took some minor buffing to remove. I have had many mid to higher end cars and the panel gaps, build quality, fit and finish of the Y are as good as any I’ve had.
Did you ask them what the R meant? I'm about to go trade in my 21 MYLR for a MYP from Devon.

Reactions: CuriousWren