Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin built MY LR quick review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We traded a 2021 MY LR black/black with 17k miles in on a 2022 MR LR a black/black.

The paint looks better than our Fremont car. I don’t think I’ll spend 3 days paint correcting this car, like I did our 2021. There is one annoying fisheye or possibly a tiny dent on the drivers side quarter panel above the charge port. I have an appointment to address it.

The ride feels a tiny bit softer. Could be that’s it new, so the springs are fresher.

There’s no squeaks, knocks or rattles. We always had different noises coming from our ‘21. Even after services, it was just sometimes an annoying thing we learned to live with.

Goodyear tires like the last car.

The screen is faster.

Fresh smell - no moldy odor that our ‘21 had. I was going to change the air filter, just didn’t get around to doing it.

We love the cargo shelf. It’s very high quality and easy to remove.

Our new car came with a charger. They let me keep the charger from our trade in. Why do I need two chargers?

The new car pulls to the right. I have a service appointment scheduled to address it.

The horn button doesn’t fit flush. I’ll address at the service appointment.

The drivers door is hard to close. I’ll address that at the service appointment. The SA said it’s normal for Austin cars. We’ll see.

The interior fit and finish is very good. I like the updated center console. Our ‘21 had the piano black version with the flip up lid.

All the USB ports are present and accounted for. The wireless charger works.

Headlights are the same as the ‘21.

Traded our 2021 and got $63,000. I paid $62,999 for the new car, plus the color and wheels.

Questions?

craventure-media-cYWS7QaH9uY-unsplash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We traded a 2021 MY LR black/black with 17k miles in on a 2022 MR LR a black/black.

The paint looks better than our Fremont car. I don’t think I’ll spend 3 days paint correcting this car, like I did our 2021. There is one annoying fisheye or possibly a tiny dent on the drivers side quarter panel above the charge port. I have an appointment to address it.

The ride feels a tiny bit softer. Could be that’s it new, so the springs are fresher.

There’s no squeaks, knocks or rattles. We always had different noises coming from our ‘21. Even after services, it was just sometimes an annoying thing we learned to live with.

Goodyear tires like the last car.

The screen is faster.

Fresh smell - no moldy odor that our ‘21 had. I was going to change the air filter, just didn’t get around to doing it.

We love the cargo shelf. It’s very high quality and easy to remove.

Our new car came with a charger. They let me keep the charger from our trade in. Why do I need two chargers?

The new car pulls to the right. I have a service appointment scheduled to address it.

The horn button doesn’t fit flush. I’ll address at the service appointment.

The drivers door is hard to close. I’ll address that at the service appointment. The SA said it’s normal for Austin cars. We’ll see.

The interior fit and finish is very good. I like the updated center console. Our ‘21 had the piano black version with the flip up lid.

All the USB ports are present and accounted for. The wireless charger works.

Headlights are the same as the ‘21.

Traded our 2021 and got $63,000. I paid $62,999 for the new car, plus the color and wheels.

Questions?
Do you have the front casting? You should be able to see the casting behind the front wheels.
Like in this post #5,066
Congratulations, I'm hoping ours will be an Austin car as well, we are <30 miles from the factory :D

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan and Senpai
Do you have the front casting? You should be able to see the casting behind the front wheels.
Like in this post #5,066
Congratulations, I'm hoping ours will be an Austin car as well, we are <30 miles from the factory :D
I don’t think my car has an aluminum one-piece casting. I stuck a magnet to the front inter-fender well and it stuck. So it’s steel.

Mine was built very recently, so I believe it confirms that long range models aren’t getting the one-piece front casting yet. I’ll ask the techs when I take it in for service on Wednesday.

Reactions: Twiglett and Senpai
I don’t think my car has an aluminum one-piece casting. I stuck a magnet to the front inter-fender well and it stuck. So it’s steel.

Mine was built very recently, so I believe it confirms that long range models aren’t getting the one-piece front casting yet. I’ll ask the techs when I take it in for service on Wednesday.
Thank you :)

Ok, I am not sure whether they are included or not. If not, I am planning to order them myself..
Disregard the nay sayers. If you look at posts on delivery they Have been installing them or ordering them on arrival. My car did not come with either (like many) back in early 21 and Tesla sent an email that the were sending both out no charge. If they are not on at delivery just ask the SA and I am sure they will get them.

Reactions: MidNJDrv
I took delivery of a MYLR, MSM with hitch, Austin VIN 0057xx on July 24 - no mud flaps or rear wheel ppf were included. I just ordered the front flaps from Tesla online store last week and they gladly took my $40. I'm going to text the SA now and ask about it.

My car has been back to the SC twice for bad rubbing noise and friction in the steering column and a misaligned right rear taillight. Both repaired under warranty. Rear hatch has a panel gap up at the right hinge area but I'm not going to mess with it. Otherwise car has been good.

No idea if I have front casting and no idea which battery pack I have. Assume no casting and 2170's with floorpan. Car's fun to drive regardless!

Reactions: JssonB and geometro