Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin gigafactory party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been searching and haven't seen anything official yet for the Giga Fest Texas official Texas event.

A Tesla owner's group is putting on a "Tesla Con Texas" event over the same time period, but I don't think that is what you were asking about, and I didn't see anything that made that a must/should attend to me.

When did the Giga Fest Berlin invites go out ?

Yea invites started going out this weekend (either saturday or sunday); seems like it is just to influencers/people that are big on social media, and some of the Austin employees.

The event is being called a Cyber Rodeo.

Everyone is getting +1, so it seems like there will be 7500 invites sent out. Not sure if that will translate to any 'regular' people getting an invite.

Reactions: M-S-M
One of the first Model S owners in Austin (2013), and a Model 3 for myself and a Model Y for my wife since then. No invite.
Yeah it's pretty established at this point it's just press/influencers/higher up employees/and immediate surrounding neighborhoods getting invites. They are all +1's so there's only 7,500 of them. Disappointing. I wish there was at least a raffle for registered VINs in Texas.

Reactions: M-S-M
Anyone need an invite to the Austin party?
IMG-20220406-WA0000.jpg

Reactions: Wingwinghello
Let literally hundreds of people test drive my Tesla. Converted quite a few to buyers. TSLA long shareholder. Three vehicles and solar ordered.

Oh, and I know how to hold a camera steady in landscape orientation; know better than to just scream at it while taking selfies and making peace signs. ....

No invite either.

At least there is Sandy Munro for the minority who aren't immature tesla-bro's who's Twitter followers aren't there just to gawk at them breaking things.

Last edited:
Anyone else end up making it in? Saw a lot of people without invites get turned away at the gates, and when we left ~11pm, was surprised to see so many cars parked on the highway.
I got an invite, not sure how. I have done work for Tesla and have contacts, but I did not ask for an invite. I think randomly lucky. I enjoyed it, was fun and much looser than the other parties I've attended in Fremont, Hawthorne and Sparks.

Reactions: DFW_MVP