Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin Service Center Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y reserved and am nervous about the quality of the car I’ll be getting after reading so many experiences online and watching this video today:

I’ve never owned a Tesla, but have test driven one and loved it. I’m willing to give them a shot because I loved the way it drove and the tech, but I’m still nervous of the quality of the Austin Texas service center. This will be the closest SC to me and it doesn’t have great reviews online from people who actually own Tesla’s.

Does anyone have experience with the Austin SC? How would you rate your experience?

I have a Model Y reserved and am nervous about the quality of the car I’ll be getting after reading so many experiences online and watching this video today

Tesla is producing these cars a bit differently than other automakers. The first batch of cars that come off the line are going to have more issues than the cars that are sold later. This is due to the fact that the car is not simply an "update" to a previous model like most new cars are, but rather a completely new car using new technologies and designs. They also are, ironically, shortening the test cycles vs. other automakers (at least with the 3 they did this, maybe the Y had more time).

I don't know if we are past that point yet, but there is nothing wrong with waiting a few months if you are concerned this will happen to you. Eventually, the vehicles will start appearing in inventory and you will be able to purchase it after looking it over and maybe even test driving it. They do have a refund policy as well.

If you want to buy now, there is a higher chance of issues, but I think this guy in the video just had 1-3 real issues and the rest is super whinny. I don't know since I was unable to bear through the whole video. I've seen posts on this forum where they dig through the car looking for whatever they can find to be fixed... don't be that person. It is fun to drive and you don't want to be out your Tesla fixing some cosmetic issue under the hood.

Reactions: howlz
Totally agree with his points from @ 11:30 or so on. If you’re looking for perfection, look elsewhere. But good luck on finding it at this price point, given everything else this vehicle provides.

All of our dealings with Pond Springs have been great so far. It’s life, it’s what you make of it.

Beyond that, I think there is some serious WTH nit picky ness going though. I wouldn’t take counsel from your fears. Good luck!

ß

Reactions: howlz