TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Austin tesla owners

Discussion in 'Texas' started by bigbear, Oct 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bigbear

bigbear Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to rent a tesla for my birthday. Anyone here interested? I'm a professor at acc and st eds and can provide preferences.

2. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

I've heard that you can do a 24 hour test drive w a model x.... just a thought.;)

• Like x 1
  3. bigbear

bigbear Member

Through the tesla dealership at the domain?

4. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

I assume "the domain" is the tesla store (I'm not from Austin). I've read in some of the model x forums of people getting to test out a model x for a day. Doubt it would be something only a few places do. Try a search in the forums. I haven't done it myself or inquired, but I've seen people having posted about it.

5. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

Go to turo.com. There are 3 for rent in Austin.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. cheekychappie

cheekychappie Member

Thanks for this, I am looking to rent as well as arriving in Austin next month for a few days, Turo.com seems a good bet

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

And as a reminder, in Texas, Tesla cannot have a dealership... it's a showroom. ;-)

You usually have to make appointments to do a test drive ahead of time as on the spot test drives sounds like a dealership thing. Texas Laws can be silly.

The guy from Ride the Lightning podcast was talking about renting a Model S/X recently. I think it was last week he gave the names of a couple of places renting them as well.