Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin Texas - Fully Charged Live @ Circuit of the Americas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fully Charged Live event at the Circuit of the Americas, Austin Texas in Sept. 2019
20% of the audience of Fully Charged Show are in the USA

If Texas was a country it would be:
-- The 10th largest economy in the world
--seventh-largest producer of greenhouse gases
--sixth largest oil producer in the world
--world's eleventh-largest producer of electricity
--world’s sixth-largest wind power
--highest solar power potential for development in the USA
--Texas is in the forefront of the new energy economy
--Roscoe Wind farm one of the largest wind farm with 634 wind turbines - 781.5 MW
--Austin, Texas a centre of tech research and development, announced it will be carbon neutral by 2020
--Austin just won a national climate change challenge award from Bloomberg

Last edited:
I would expect details to show up on Fully Charged

The dates are September 7-8 but no details are available yet on when tickets will be available.

I stopped by at the prerelease event and spoke with Robert. His team would likely be interested in having local EV car clubs arrange something during the event.

Let me know if anyone is interested in working together to set something up.

I would expect details to show up on Fully Charged

The dates are September 7-8 but no details are available yet on when tickets will be available.

I stopped by at the prerelease event and spoke with Robert. His team would likely be interested in having local EV car clubs arrange something during the event.

Let me know if anyone is interested in working together to set something up.

When they announced September, my first thought was that's NDEW month. I figured they wouldn't be insane enough to clash. Good to have it confirmed.

Average high of 90F in September? Oh, hell no.

Was just searching for a thread here to post that it was postponed.

They also recently changed their web site address, so details are now at Fully Charged LIVE North America 2020 – Fully Charged Show - no pricing yet.

It would be nice to see some of the EV pickup prototypes in person. This might be my only chance to do that.

Edit: if the 4-stall I-90 Supercharger sites survived the Sound of Silence rally, the ones in Texas should be fine also. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Brando
Was just searching for a thread here to post that it was postponed.

They also recently changed their web site address, so details are now at Fully Charged LIVE North America 2020 – Fully Charged Show - no pricing yet.

It would be nice to see some of the EV pickup prototypes in person. This might be my only chance to do that.

Edit: if the 4-stall I-90 Supercharger sites survived the Sound of Silence rally, the ones in Texas should be fine also. :)
Difference in Austin, is the 8 stall is already always packed. The Urban Superchargers are further away.

I sent an email to the organizers and hope to provide an answer...

If you don't have tickets and want a 15% discount, use the http://www.octesla.com/ code - TeslaOwner

See you there,

Dennis

Ok... @Darmie Here is the response that I got...

"Hiya Dennis

Thanks for your email. There will be limited charging on site available so we are recommending people charge before arriving if possible. I'm not too sure about the RV park on site, this would probably need to be checked with COTA themselves as its not part of any agreement we have,"

See you in Austin... I'm in one of the panels on Saturday...

Untitled by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Hope this helped...

Yep, don’t plan on charging on-site at COTA. There will be too many people competing for whatever limited resources are available. Use the Superchargers, hotels with destination chargers, or other public charging options while you are in Austin.

I'll try to make that one! Is there a full schedule of panels anywhere? I cannot seem to find it. I'd love to heckle @evchels too.

she is moderating my session.

Here is Saturday.

SATURDAY
1ST FEBRUARY 2020
GIGA THEATER
MEGA THEATER
11.00-11.45
Rivian: blazing a trail to electric pick-up trucks Robert Llewellyn + Zac & Jesse Cataldo, Now you Know;
Galileo Russell, HyperChange TV; Ben Sullins, Teslanomics.
12.00-12.30
Texas vs California:
who will be the clean energy champions? Chelsea Sexton + Dave Tuttle, University of Texas; Nick Carter, LG Electronics; Dennis Pascual, Consultant/EV Advocate;
Karl Popham, Austin Energy.
12.30-13.00
Hyperchanging energy and transportation:
how Tesla becomes a trillion dollar company Galileo Russell, HyperChange TV.
13.00-13.30
Now You Know meet Robert Llewellyn
Zac & Jesse Cataldo, Now you Know + Robert Llewellyn.
13.30-14.00
Electric conversions
– from ICE to EV
Leilani Münter + Marc Davis, Moment Motors; Jonathan Ward, Icon; Jehu Garcia, Jehu Garcia; Rich Rebuilds, Rich Rebuilds.
14.00-14.30
Wind, Solar & Storage
Robert Llewellyn + Mo Abdalla, Good Faith Energy; Jordan Brompton, myenergi; Tim Harvey, Austin Energy; Rudy Garza, CPS.
14.30-15.00
Can Electric
Vehicles compete?
Leilani Münter + Dieter Vanswijgenhoven, ERA Championship; Anuarbek Imanbaev, VP Tesla owners club; David Hunt, Hyperion; Mitch Medford, Bloodshed Motors.
15.00-15.30
Can batteries really
be ethical, recyclable
& sustainable?
Chelsea Sexton + Vivas Kumar, Benchmark Minerals;
Hans-Eric Melin, Circular Energy, Storage Research & Consulting; Marc Kohler, Lithium Werks; Zarko Meseldzija, American Manganese; Christina Lalli, Nouveau Monde Graphite.
15.30-16.00
How to choose
an Electric Vehicle
Robert Llewellyn + Ken Bokor,
EV Revolution Show; Nikki Gordon- Bloomfield, Transport Evolved;
Raejean Fellows, EAA; Seneca Giese, Current Automotive.
11.00-11.30
Why the end
of the internal combustion car
will happen sooner than you think
Ricky Roy, Two Bit DaVinci.
12:00-12:30
Answers with Joe LIVE
Joe Scott, Answers with Joe.
13:00-13:30
How your house can help you cut your energy use Matt Ferrell, Undecided with Matt Ferrell.
13:45-14:15
Creating the perfect classic car Jehu Garcia, Jehu Garcia.
14:30-15:00
Affordability:
EVs for new drivers Russell Corbin + Amy Atchley, Austin Energy; Graham Dickson, Innogy; Seneca Giese, Current Automotive; Elinor Chalmers, EVA Scotland.
15.30-16.15
Our Ludicrous Future Live Podcast with Teslanomics, Answer with Joe
& The Everyday Astronaut
Ben Sullins, Teslanomics; Joe Scott, Answers with
Joe; Tim Dodd, The Everyday Astronaut.
SUNDAY
2ND FEBRUARY 2020
GIGA THEATER
MEGA THEATER
11.00-11.45
How far ahead is Tesla? And can it be caught? Robert Llewellyn + Ben Sullins, Teslanomics; Zac & Jesse Cataldo, Now You Know; Galileo Russell, HyperChange TV.
12.00-12.30
How is the US doing
on Energy & Transport? Robert Llewellyn + Macky McCleary, Innogy; Gordon Chaffin, Street Justice; Vitaly Golomb,
GS Capital; Wayne Killen,
Electrify America.
12.30-13.00
Electric Vehicle
Myths Busted!
Chelsea Sexton + Joel Levin, Plug In America; Russell Corbin, Electric Auto Association; Matt Teske, Chargeway; Sean Mitchell, All Things EV.
13.00-13.30
Plastic Pollution, Circular Economy, Hyper-consumerism & Veganism
Leilani Münter + Richard Amato, University of Texas; Janis Bookout, EarthDay Austin; Jon Rose, Hyperion.
13.30-14.00
Micro-mobility: scooters, bikes and motorbikes Chelsea Sexton + Richard Thorpe, GoCycle; Hill Abell, Bicycle Sports Shop; Dave Forbes, JumpBikes; Jesse Fittipaldi, Arcimoto.
14.00-14.30
How to have a
Fully Charged Home Robert Llewellyn + Joseph Barletta, Smart Charge America; Cameron Freberg, Austin Energy; Chris Darby, EV Energy; Veronica Castro de Barerra, VCdB Architecture & Art; Matt Ferrell, Undecided with Matt Ferrell.
14.30-15.00
How can we electrify
our infrastructure?
Chelsea Sexton + Joel Levin, Plug In America; Wayne Killen, Electrify America; Brian Kuebert, Gilbarco Veeder-Root; Thomas Sun, ampup.
15.00-15.30
Future Disruptors to Energy & Transport
Leilani Münter + Brad Hunstable, Linear Labs; Iain Galloway, NXP; Anthony Boden, Innogy;
Jan Vrins, Navigant; David Murray, 8 Bit Guy.
15.30-16.00
US Electric Vehicle round-up
Robert Llewellyn + Chelsea Sexton Derek Jenkins, Lucid; Nikki Gordon-
Bloomfield, Transport Evolved; Joel Levin, Plug In America.
11.00-11.30
How much do rockets pollute?
Should we be ditching chemical rockets for something more eco friendly?
Tim Dodd,
The Everyday Astronaut.
11:30-12:00
PV+EV: driving on solar
Nick Carter,
LG Electronics.
12:00-12:30
Rich Rebuilds AMA
Rich Rebuilds,
Rich Rebuilds.
12:30-13:00
Driving EV
diversity
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield, Kate Walton-Elliott, Transport Evolved; Amy Atchley, Austin Energy; Neda Deylami, Chicago for EVs; Terry Travis, EV Noire.
13.30-14.00
How Tesla Wins With No More Tax Credit
Andy Slye,
My tech methods.
14.15-14.45
The Tesla Cemetery
Sean Mitchell, All Things EV.
15.45-16.15
How to persuade your friends
and family to
drive Electric Raejean Fellows

sorry not pasting well