Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin Texas - Fully Charged Live @ Circuit of the Americas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an e-mail from them today. Some relevant info from that is:

1. Getting to Fully Charged LIVE
Circuit of the Americas is 14 miles South-East of Downtown Austin; 9 miles South of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. More information can be found on p1 of the program here.
Whether you are driving, or being driven by Lyft or Uber - there are no shuttles from Austin - you should head towards Car Parking Lot H, Circuit of the Americas Boulevard from where you will be transported to Fully Charged LIVE.

2. Car Parking
Car Parking will take place in Lot H, Circuit of the Americas. Regular 'Electric Transfers' and shuttles will be running and will take you to Fully Charged LIVE (in The Paddock).
'Electric Transfers' and shuttles will start from 08:45 (both days) and peak time will last until 11:00. Please be patient as there will likely be lines. It is possible to walk to the Paddock if required.

9. Electric Vehicle charging
There is some Electric Vehicle charging (kindly being supplied by Smart Charge America) from the RV Lot (opposite) Parking Lot H. Please note that daytime charging is prioritised for emergency charging, and long-distance charging; while overnight charging is exclusively for companies that are participating in the Ride-Ons & Test Drives. So we would strongly recommend that you plan to charge en-route to CotA and that you do not rely on being able to charge at the venue.
This should minimise potentially lengthy lines. Austin is well catered for, from an EV charging perspective. Naturally, you should bring your own connecting cables, adapters etc.​

Edit: removed e-mail tracking links (yuck!); converted to direct links

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
My nephew and I will be attending.

I'll try to make that one! Is there a full schedule of panels anywhere? I cannot seem to find it. I'd love to heckle @evchels too.

The Austin Event page has a link to a 3-page PDF, so you can get a clearer copy of the schedule that @AEdennis posted.

There will be 30 electrifying live sessions with expert panellists over the two days covering all the hot topics in the world of Electric Vehicles and Cleantech. You can download the full programme here.

Wife is ready for the weekend!

Tesla nail.jpg

Reactions: BerTX
Gah, change of plans...wasn't feeling up to the flight at the very last minute. Saw the gang from Electrified Garage (Rich @Btr_ftw, Chris @EVTuning, and Chad) waiting at the gate in BOS literally as I decided not to board. (My wife thinks it's cause I didn't want to see her family...hmm...) . So have fun guys. Sorry I couldn't chat...but nature was calling rather loudly.

Sad not to be there, they had to pick my wife's bday weekend.

And why did they pick Austin? Progressive community, but I thought you still can't buy a Tesla in Texas, are we rewarding that?

All the more reason to invite a bunch of EV drivers into the state to show off what’s available. Austin is very progressive and the weather is fantastic.

The event is sold out and it’s clear they’re going to need more space next year.

And why did they pick Austin? Progressive community, but I thought you still can't buy a Tesla in Texas, are we rewarding that?

It's beginning of February, so you want to be in the South for good weather.
It's central, so not too bad for flights from anywhere in the USA.

The airport has decent connections, including some international.
http://www.austintexas.gov/department/nonstop-flights-out-abia

Also, they picked Superbowl weekend, and Texas always thinks it'll be busy with that (even though it won't), so it was probably a good price.

Hopefully they release the events on YouTube since they sold out

They've always gradually added the Live videos to YouTube.
I think they often put them on their FullyCharged Regen channel, so make sure you're subscribed to that, as well as their main channel.

I hope it went well.

And why did they pick Austin?

They covered that during one of the sessions - Texas wind power shows the disconnect between perceptions about Texas, green energy, etc. and what's really going on here.

The five states with the most wind capacity installed at the end of 2019 were:[3]
  • Texas (27,036 MW)
  • Iowa (8,965 MW)
  • Oklahoma (8,072 MW)
  • Kansas (6,128 MW)
  • California (5,842 MW)

Austin gets a lot of the press, but it's happening across the entire state. Look no further than Tesla's Carbon Impact report where Texas cities take #10, 11, and 14 despite the road blocks thrown up by TADA:
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 9.34.37 AM.png

Gah, change of plans...wasn't feeling up to the flight at the very last minute. Saw the gang from Electrified Garage (Rich @Btr_ftw, Chris @EVTuning, and Chad) waiting at the gate in BOS literally as I decided not to board. (My wife thinks it's cause I didn't want to see her family...hmm...) . So have fun guys. Sorry I couldn't chat...but nature was calling rather loudly.

It was a pleasant surprise until we found out you weren't feeling great and heading home instead of to Texas! You'll definitely have to go next time! We hope you're feeling better!

Good morning all. We had a great time. Spent several days looking over all the YT video's when we got back. It was worth the trip just to see the EV-1. Didn't know about Moment motors until I seen their displays. Loved the Shelby they brought. EV West was there and MANY more. BTW, did anyone get the vibe that Rivian motors was not quite forth coming? That Sunday morning just walking around their tent, just over hear them checking this, checking that. One was measuring the height of the wheel from the ground up to the top of the tire thread. Had a blast doing the ride along with our Model X. Took a drive in the Chevy Bolt. Interesting vehicle. Mad points go to their rear view mirror camera. I LOVED that.