Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin tire installation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thenaimis

Former Tesla Cheerleader
Sep 26, 2016
Texas
I need to replace my front tires and am looking for alternatives to taking it to the service center. Has anyone used another shop and if so, what are the good and bad things and specific location for your experience?

I need to replace my front tires and am looking for alternatives to taking it to the service center. Has anyone used another shop and if so, what are the good and bad things and specific location for your experience?
Took my S to cedar park costco for a full set. no problems. Comes with road hazard and even got 100% rather than 78% nitrogen:rolleyes:. Other locations may or may not have the jack pads (yes they know about these, which was reassuring)

• Informative
Reactions: thenaimis
So I get my tires from TireRack and then have NTB on 290 down here in Oak Hill put them on. Its worked great thru 2 sets of tires for the MS and 2 for our hybrid Highlander. Love TireRack and thier road hazard warraty that comes with all the tires they sell. Also, they have lots of great research on different tires for different types of driving and weather.

good luck

• Informative
Not sure about all Tesla models, but many of them have foam lined tires. Feedback is mixed if it actually helps noise.

the tire models you get from Costco, discount tire, etc do not necessarily have the foam.

had tires put on my S at Costco South Austin with no problems.

• Informative
Currently leaning towards buying on amazon (cheapest prices) and installing at maybe NTB. Discount Tire is closer, but they're always busy. I might drive by the NTB to chat first just to work out their capabilities. Luckily the in-car manual is working again despite my not having installed any software updates since they last broke it. (2018.42)