Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin to LA / SFO 23 day trip (5800 mi roundtrip)

Model S M.D.

Ludicrous Radiologist
Oct 31, 2015
TX
Just sharing the details / experiences of my 23 day 5800 mile long road trip from Austin to California covering tons of places on the way in my blog AK's BLOG. To sum it up - it was one amazing drive and trip :)

Aslesh

Awesome blog!! Do you have any tips for destination charging in Austin? I was considering staying at the W and letting the valet charge (like the Hyatt in Dallas).

Sandman1962

Mar 17, 2016
Poway, CA
Excellent job!
you encourage me to make similar trips... but baby steps for me for now...
I am also a big Federer fan. He sure had a good shot this past Wimbledon.
Thanks for your efforts!

purplewalt

Jun 9, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Very nice write up along with your shared insights//lessons learned.
Loved your pics!!!

I need to visit Antelope Canyon, just beautiful!
Reminds me of the North west (separate) portion of Zion National Park in Southern Utah.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC