Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin, TX minor collision repair recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched the forums and can't find info/recommendations on collision repair in Austin. Someone hit our parked -- brand new, not even registered -- MYP in a parking lot yesterday. Their is damage to the front bumper, hood and potentially to the fender. Two questions:
  • Tesla Service Center collision repair quality -- both the Austin north and the new service center location closer to downtown have "collision service" appointments available for November. Are Tesla Service Centers a good bet for high quality, relatively simple collision repair or is it better to stay with experienced, Tesla approved body shops?
  • Recommended Tesla approved body shops in Austin -- any experience, tips, or recommendations will be appreciated.

I've used Heritage Body and Frame who are very close to the Pond Springs service center.
They took care of my hail damaged Model 3. It was a completely painless process, they handled the insurance company estimate and worked directly with my insurance etc. The car was repaired really quickly and looked wonderful.
I tried dealing with Berli's further north and was completely underwhelmed. They pushed all the insurance stuff back to me and excepted me to handle all of that, then gave a ridiculous estimate. They would never call back and obviously didn't want to bother with my little repair. I gave up with them.

Reactions: M-S-M