Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An unusual request?

So, I have a request:

I'd like to get visual access to a local Model S for a short time.

I am also working on a center console idea, and I'd like to get an opportunity to map out the interior exact dimensions of the Model S Center Console, attachment and power points, etc. (before mine comes at the end of the year) -- I know it would only take 20-30 min or less (while you watch) and it wouldn't entail the movement of the car at all. Of COURSE they would automatically get a free console insert and I'd love to hear their opinion on what it should do and how it should look...

Also, I'd love to meet a local Tesla Model S owner and hear about their experiences, anyway.

Any chance of someone local, or someone already traveling local to North Austin, letting me buy them lunch and measure their car's center console area, at their leisure? Thoughts?

David

Hennessey Inaugurates Texas Toll Road With 220 mph Run in Cadillac CTS-V Turbo

Of course, horsepower isn’t the only thing they do big in Texas. The state gained notoriety recently for being the first to have a public highway with a posted 85 mph speed limit. The SH130 toll road between Austin and San Antonio is yours to drive your Cadillac or any other vehicle at that brisk clip for around $6.00 to drive the full 40+ mile length.

How many W per mile for sustained 85+mph?

First Austin Tesla Meet-Up

Lunch.jpg

Our first Austin Meet-Up over lunch

TeslaPartyAll.jpg

Thanks to Dave M for bringing his gorgeous Sig S all the way from San Antonio
(And thanks to David S for his Photoshop skills here)

Valets.jpg

The valets were eager to drive Dave's car, but that wasn't gonna happen! (Think "Ferris Beuler's Day Off")
:smile:

Finalized reservation #11,281 this evening. Waiting for MVPA to sign. Going to be the longest 24 hours of my life. Tentative delivery time of February / March as long as order completed by January 11th. Now time to get NEMA 14-50 installed. Anyone know of a good electrician in the Austin area?