Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woo hoo, have my new pricey car :)

If any friends of Tesla need a test drive to help buy/sell a car, PM me, always glad to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if this has been covered before, but where is a good place to get a full paint wrap? I am thinking expel ultimate based on comments on other threads.

Unfortunately the house and garage look pretty messy right now. Here are my best.
e7ave9u2.jpg
yqatu8u9.jpg
uduse7e6.jpg

I am also going to post this in a new thread but I am organizing military vets that have Teslas for the Austin Veterans Day Parade. If you are or know one not on the forum let me know.
USAF Honourable Discharge "E-FRDM" Roadster #302
my tesla11.JPG

As we were driving our rental Prius because there were no EVs at the Austin airport, I commented not the fact that there seemed to be a good number of EV charging stations near us on Plugshare, but was disappointed that I haven't spotted any EVs.

So, as we drove toward the wedding we were in town to attend on Saturday (around 1245pm) my wife and I spotted the following Grey P85+ as it turned to 360N, then to 2222, then on North Ranch Road 620...

First, NICE car!

Second, why did you turn into the Gas Station on 620? It amused me and was wondering what you could possibly want from the Gas Station.

Lastly, to the nice new Red (not Signature) that was going the other way, that made a total of TWO privately owned EVs that I spotted in your fair city this weekend...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382851005.178491.jpg

Glad to see Model S in Texas, I hope you guys are helping to "Keep Austin Weird!"

You both gave me the EV grin and appreciate the hassle you guys had to have gone through to get your Teslas.

Your fellow Tesla rEVolutionary,

Last edited:
Went DT Austin this week (normally avoid DT because of traffic) for meetings, and I was shocked how many Model S I saw. At least 5 per day. I'm starting to see a bunch of them around Arboretum area as I'm on 183. I see at least one a day now around Austin.

That's surprising that you only saw 2 electric cars in Austin over an entire weekend; I guess it depends on where you are. In central Austin, I would say it's not terribly unusual for me to see 5 electric cars on a 3 mile drive. They're mostly Leafs and Volts though, but I do see a fair amount of Model S's. I was surprised when I went to southern California this summer at how few electric cars there were there.

Yup. I was surprised as well. I was staying at the Omni on Governor's Row (71-I35) and the wedding was at N FM 620 (Google Map North Ranch Road 620). Not being familiar with the area, I had the GPS on, but like most rEVolutionaries, I have a keen eye out for other EVs. I spotted a Car2Go Smart EDs the one night I was in the downtown area (less than 30 minutes driving, indoors most of the time), but that was it. The ending score for my approx. 48 hours in Austin was 2 Model S, Car2Go, and zero others.

As for Southern California, I'm surprised as well. We have the usual suspects and all the compliance cars here.

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines has J1772

Have actually charged there. Right up front in the circle on the right hand side. Two slots, I believe. Very Very convenient

KOA park on Hwy 71 in Bastrop has 14-50 outlets

Used it for F1 last year ... only pad she wanted me to use kept tripping so I abandoned it and went to San Marcos.

You do know about Plugshare, don't you?

Yes