Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australia Model 3 - Delivery waiting room

What's the current status of your order?

• VIN allocated and Est. Delivery Date available

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • VIN allocated and confirmed delivery date (SMS)

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Lucky and Delivered

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
www.protectmycar.com.au

They've got pricing on the website.

I decided to just get a ceramic coat with them, very happy with it.
Thanks for that, has been recommended a few times from what I've seen. Would likely go for the full front kit PPF.

Did they have to do any paint correction prior to coating? From reviews about the MIC, it seems to be much better these days and not really required. I couldn't find pricing on the ceramic coating, mind telling what you paid for it?

Thanks for that, has been recommended a few times from what I've seen. Would likely go for the full front kit PPF.

Did they have to do any paint correction prior to coating? From reviews about the MIC, it seems to be much better these days and not really required. I couldn't find pricing on the ceramic coating, mind telling what you paid for it?
They did some paint prep prior (detailer commented on how much better Tesla paint is these days), and kept it overnight to let it dry completely before application of Gtechniq, 9 year warranty. $990.

They're pros and good guys, my Tesla was the cheapest car in the shop.

They did some paint prep prior (detailer commented on how much better Tesla paint is these days), and kept it overnight to let it dry completely before application of Gtechniq, 9 year warranty. $990.

They're pros and good guys, my Tesla was the cheapest car in the shop.
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

Thats a pretty reasonable price. I'll keep the ceramic coating in mind, I've never had a car coated before as I don't mind waxing it once a year (and meguairs ceramic wax every 2 months). Just not sure about doing a paint correction myself.

Newbie here. Placed an order on the 8th Feb. completed all pre work and finance approval and etc last week. How long till they upload the final invoice?
I know I have a long time to wait. Keen to see if there’s anyone else waiting with me here in Melbourne with similar order date.

Newbie here. Placed an order on the 8th Feb. completed all pre work and finance approval and etc last week. How long till they upload the final invoice?
I know I have a long time to wait. Keen to see if there’s anyone else waiting with me here in Melbourne with similar order date.
You'll get the invoice after a built vehicle has been assigned to you. Also if you read through the 100 pages of Model 3 Waiting Room thread you'll see that order date doesn't influence how cars are assigned.

I ordered on 19/11 but keep in mind, it really depends on your car configuration e.g RWD/LR/P, which interior colour, which paint colour etc so mine may have been built earlier because of that

Have faith, you will receive yours soon!
Thanks. Got an update apparently arriving this week and they need to get it ready so mine should be available next week? But I haven't got confirmed date though. Hopefully soo! Getting excited now.

Hi Guys,
I have not received by final invoice yet (VIN was allocated on the 10/2). I have an EDD of 12-26th March. Do you get a message from Tesla telling you when to pay the final balance (and the date the car will be available for pickup) or do you need to pay it a week or so before your estimated delivery date?

Regards,
Stephen

Hi Guys,
I have not received by final invoice yet (VIN was allocated on the 10/2). I have an EDD of 12-26th March. Do you get a message from Tesla telling you when to pay the final balance (and the date the car will be available for pickup) or do you need to pay it a week or so before your estimated delivery date?

Regards,
Stephen
i have been advised by my SA that pay the balance when you receive the SMS to book your delivery. Funds clear within 24-48 hours.

Reactions: Maximillan
How Long.PNG

You really develop some waiting skills here o_O. Not sure if I should opt for the count down in Hours, or Minutes (Obviously estimating the earlier day in the edd range will be the day)