TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Australia Model X delivery estimate is now late 2016 for new reservations

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Paul Carter, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Not sure when it switched. But interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

And Great Britain and Hong Kong is now saying second half of 2016. I wonder if this is all for the RHD market.

2. Local host

Local host Member

Care to estimate when you think we will see our Xs? I am production 15. New reservation on Tesla page for Canada lists early 2016 for new reservations.

Like you, reserved in February 2012. Its been a long wait. If I recall correctly Model S deliveries for Canada started 3 or 4 months after US deliveries.

3. Paul Carter

Jan 2016 I hope!

4. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

strange that it would be so far behind the north american deliveries? what are the european delivery schedules like?

5. Ainkara

Ainkara Member

Hugh, that's actually pretty close time wise compared to the Model S launch down here. The first MS's landed in Aus around the end of last year. Which makes sense I guess being a new market. But a year difference doesn't seem so bad

6. Paul Carter

All LHD markets I've checked still say Early 2016. I guess the RHD will be later for those markets.

7. cynix

cynix Member

Not strange. We Aussies are still waiting for the P85Ds that we ordered last October right after it was announced.

8. vitaliy

vitaliy Member

wow...

9. mspisars

mspisars Member

All you cry babies on TMC need to read this... that is some serious patience!

cynix, at least when you get your P85D you will have autopilot software implemented and rolled out ;)

10. cynix

cynix Member

One year is nothing — the very first Aussie Model S owners waited more than 4 years for their Signature builds! :) (Single motor deliveries started at the end of last year.)