Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian map data?

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
My understanding is that Tesla uses Google mapping: my car doesn't show any of the roads/houses around me - just bushland. The area has been built since about 3 years ago, and Google Earth on my computer has its last imagery as 2019 - with my house on it!
The car's nav data is AU.2020.24.12097
Has anyone else more up to data map data?

paulp

Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide, Australia
My understanding is that Tesla uses Google mapping: my car doesn't show any of the roads/houses around me - just bushland. The area has been built since about 3 years ago, and Google Earth on my computer has its last imagery as 2019 - with my house on it!
The car's nav data is AU.2020.24.12097
Has anyone else more up to data map data?
Yes same version that I have

paulp

Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide, Australia
Thought so! Around 4 years out of date.
Not everywhere. The version in my car shows the same information in my street if I use google maps on my PC, specifically my neighbours 2 year old solar panels and the house at the end of the street demolished 18months ago is still there, so its 18-24 months old on google, and my car has the latest map.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
It obviously depends on when and where the latest imagery was done, but it seems strange that the car’s mapping isn’t anywhere near what’s available for free on Google Earth. Perhaps Simon Hackett has influence in the Tesla Adelaide office…..

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC