Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally found the sparky who went missing in Jan 😀

Attachments

• IMAG3760.jpg
    IMAG3760.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 59
Two different videos available. #437 is the one with the cars.
I cant tell M3 or MY - you guys are much too sharp for me noticing wheel and paperwork placements is amazing.
However, I'm interested in the shuttle busses [at 1:09] that i think convey drivers; the car carriers suggest domestic market.
In an early video i saw that cars for RORO [any market] are driven to the docks, with hordes of drivers to do the job, and mini busses to ferry them.
I'd would be good to see dock and wharf flyover - hope Wu Wa is watching

I cant tell M3 or MY - you guys are much too sharp for me noticing wheel and paperwork placements is amazing.
However, I'm interested in the shuttle busses [at 1:09] that i think convey drivers; the car carriers suggest domestic market.
In an early video i saw that cars for RORO [any market] are driven to the docks, with hordes of drivers to do the job, and mini busses to ferry them.
They use car carriers out to the vessel loading zones if you watch some of those videos

Reactions: rtvanda
Where from? Been wanting some but can’t see anything but LHD one on their website
This mob in Melbourne. Shipping was free too. I noticed they have the trunk liner and pet liner as well, although I didn’t buy cos I already nabbed the trunk liner from AliExpress a couple of months ago (pretty sure it cost more too 😪)

Promo Code LXZ-CZUYNDN gets you 10% off storewide. (Disclaimer for transparency: it’s my referral code)

1F9277F8-0CC2-4DAF-9A6F-67973045CF7C.jpeg
2A678E40-7006-46FF-9063-10B47FEE70B0.jpeg

Last edited:
That applies to the Shanghai South (aka Luchao? ) dock near the factory. The main Shanghai dock where AU/NZ ships depart is a long way away, and the fact that customer cars arrive in NZ/AU with only a handful of km odometer readings strongly suggests they are put on a transporter.

From Shanghai Haitong International Automotive Terminal Co., Ltd. to Tesla Gigafactory 3 via A30/上海绕城高速公路/郊环线/G1501.

1 hr 4 min (73 km)
Shanghai Haitong International Automotive Terminal Co., Ltd. to Tesla Gigafactory 3

Yeah, I remember that video and there is a big parking lot for the teslas waiting to board the ship. So more cars could be made and waiting in this parking lot.

Reactions: Ormaus and rtvanda
That applies to the Shanghai South (aka Luchao? ) dock near the factory. The main Shanghai dock where AU/NZ ships depart is a long way away, and the fact that customer cars arrive in NZ/AU with only a handful of km odometer readings strongly suggests they are put on a transporter.

From Shanghai Haitong International Automotive Terminal Co., Ltd. to Tesla Gigafactory 3 via A30/上海绕城高速公路/郊环线/G1501.

1 hr 4 min (73 km)
Shanghai Haitong International Automotive Terminal Co., Ltd. to Tesla Gigafactory 3
Acknowledged. Too far for driven convoys,

Reactions: FlyingKiwi
This mob in Melbourne. Shipping was free too. I noticed they have the trunk liner and pet liner as well, although I didn’t buy cos I already nabbed the trunk liner from AliExpress a couple of months ago (pretty sure it cost more too 😪)

Promo Code LXZ-CZUYNDN gets you 10% off storewide. (Disclaimer for transparency: it’s my referral code)

View attachment 823804View attachment 823805
Awesome - now just have to resist until I at least have my VIN :)

• Love
Reactions: Crunchy
I can't get my head around the amount of people that are putting chunky rubber 4WD style floor mats in their Model 3's 🤯. I for one think they look terrible (although I can understand if you're constantly entering the car with muddy or sandy feet). What happened to the nice carpet floor mats that blend in with the style of the car?

I drove an M3LR in the US in May - if the floor mats are the same there as what we get here, then one of the first things I will take out and replace will be those mats. Absolute crap. They refused to stay in place and were very annoying and unsafe.

Probably the wrong thread but
I just picked up the latest copy of Car and SUV Guide in Australia. A comment in their pages on the Tesla 3 intrigued me. Verbatim:

“Tesla has its own dealer network
rather than franchises, so you re
dealing direct with the factory
from start to finish. You can only
order online or by visiting a Tesla
store, and there is reportedly no
haggling. Don't believe it – all car
prices are negotiable, especially as
you re turning around to walk out
of the showroom.”

REALLY? They’ll negotiate in store ??

• Funny
Reactions: New Tech Bj
Probably the wrong thread but
I just picked up the latest copy of Car and SUV Guide in Australia. A comment in their pages on the Tesla 3 intrigued me. Verbatim:

“Tesla has its own dealer network
rather than franchises, so you re
dealing direct with the factory
from start to finish. You can only
order online or by visiting a Tesla
store, and there is reportedly no
haggling. Don't believe it – all car
prices are negotiable, especially as
you re turning around to walk out
of the showroom.”

REALLY? They’ll negotiate in store ??
Good luck with that. Even when I haggled for the VW many years ago when they were is short supply, he laughed at me. I think he felt so sorry for my stupidity in asking, so he added a grand to the trade in. I at least felt like I had won and the grand was better with me than him.

Reactions: *Sparkles*