Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the following text message yesterday morning:

"Tesla Update: A vehicle has been assigned to your order. Visit your Tesla Account to view your delivery estimate and complete any outstanding tasks"

All tasks are up to date except my trade-in. I have been trying to get an updated trade-in value (previous one has expired, submitted a new one on the 18th)
but no new offer has come through.

OD: 21/11/21
EDD: 07/04/22 - 21/04/22 (this was showing in the app about a week prior to the text above)
VIN: Nothing

Still nothing on the Tesla app. Emailed my rep and she still mention Feb - March Delivery
I have so far resisted harassing my sales rep, but AFAIK delivery is still on track for this quarter. As Veda said, VINs can still take up to 3 more weeks!
Just have to be patient and try not to get too down when others are assigned VINs and we aren't :)

I have so far resisted harassing my sales rep, but AFAIK delivery is still on track for this quarter. As Veda said, VINs can still take up to 3 more weeks!
Just have to be patient and try not to get too down when others are assigned VINs and we aren't :)
Or better yet, give up, cancel your orders and buy a Kona EV - especially if you ordered a MSM LR.

Just a suggestion 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Locktech
I've received my VIN on Monday.

M3 LR White/Black
OD: 09/11/2021
EDD: 11 ~ 25 Feb
LOC: NSW

For what I've heard from SA was that the VIN allocation is a manual process which happens slow.
Orders prior 20th Dec should be able to receive the vehicle in Q1.

Just be more patient :)
It looks like manual or something. Based on cars output from the plant there should be more VINs assigned. Mine is exactly the same spec ordered on the 13/11 and we've got another people here ordered around the same dates and same specs with no VINs

Ok...I'm patient...deep breath

I heard that is manual allocation of VIN and based on distance/time to deliver. As they want to make sure these are delivered in the Q1 not held up in shipping. So Perth have prob done earlier as they need to be off loaded, stuck on a truck and shipped again. This will mean that while I have a VIN and a delivery date. if you are close to the landing point you will still get it before me.

If anyone that cannot stand the wait with for their Long Range Performance I will swap your for my VIN and Delivery confirmed RWD ;) at no extra cost of course.

For what I've heard from SA was that the VIN allocation is a manual process which happens slow.
Orders prior 20th Dec should be able to receive the vehicle in Q1.
We all know that Giga Shanghai will produce cars for exports in the first 45 days of each quarter. For M3, it then further breaks down into LHD & RHD cars. We're all competing under the total RHD export quota with other markets like UK, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, NZ, etc.
M3 VIN allocation here will continue until the Q1 quota for AU was exhausted, anytime between now & mid Feb, I think.