Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would that not be allocated to somebody waiting for a VIN for a similar car? Is it old stock with old computer?

Could also just be nobody in the queue for that particular combo in WA, as unlikely as that might be. It's an RWD with 19" wheels which isn't the default 18".

FWIW my SA contacted me saying they have a cancellation and do I want it, I don't believe it ever appeared in existing inventory.

Approx factory gate 08-Jan-2022

You better hope not :)

This is likely someone who failed finance or have pulled out for any various reasons. That car is still on the same ship that just left CN

The request does have a little more information on this, showing indeed the car is on the Morning Midas (Ship MORNING MIDAS (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in United Kingdom - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9289910, MMSI 235011050, Call Sign MMNA2)
and it also mentions MatchType: "AUTO" which would mean it would get matched to a later order with the same spec in WA if there was any,

Pure speculation on my part obviously

I ordered an MSM LR White on 16/11/2021 Melbourne delivery. No VIN yet. No nothing. Not worried as my workmate ordered a Tesla last year. Same happened to him. He got VIN and invoice on same day and delivery 2 days later while all at the same time people were getting VIN's and invoices on all sorts of dates. Shows there is no logic to the system at all.

Registration Papers signed this afternoon
Model 3 RWD
White Exterior
Black Interior
Standard Aero Wheels

Ordered 02/12/2021

Also took a Model 3 RWD for a test drive and tested my charging at home. I got the 7KW charge running from a 3 Phase 32amp tail so that is good for those time I may need a hurry. But overnight will be fine normally. The reason for the faster charge is I can charge about midday empty the solar battery and still charge it up for the night use in the house.

Attachments

• 3phase tail.JPG
    3phase tail.JPG
    494.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 7kw at 32amps.JPG
    7kw at 32amps.JPG
    419.2 KB · Views: 59
  • car in Garage.jpg
    car in Garage.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 48
I ordered an MSM LR White on 16/11/2021 Melbourne delivery. No VIN yet. No nothing. Not worried as my workmate ordered a Tesla last year. Same happened to him. He got VIN and invoice on same day and delivery 2 days later while all at the same time people were getting VIN's and invoices on all sorts of dates. Shows there is no logic to the system at all.
13/11, LR

Yes, no VIN

If there is manual allocation of the VIN how do they know at Tesla they don’t miss orders to allocate to?

I sent an email to Tesla today via their ‘LeasingPartner’ address, enquiring about the timeline to receive a VIN and then an actual car
I wasn’t expecting a quick response but this afternoon someone called and said I’d get a VIN later this week and a late-February or early-March delivery
M3LR, white/black, ordered 26.11.21

Last edited:
For those of you in NSW who have invoices from Tesla in 2022, can you please confirm whether there is Stamp Duty being charged on the invoice?

I thought you had to apply to get it back after paying?
I thought that we had to apply for it to recover the cost but I saw somewhere that it appeared as if the stamp duty was rebated on the final invoice.

Reactions: wasifm
I thought you had to apply to get it back after paying?
That's what we are trying to work out, whether Tesla's admin is NOW taking care of this or whether you need to wrestle with the NSW Government website the day you drive your new car home?

(the NOW is capitalised in order dramatise the pain I went through getting the refund back from Gladys)

Is the $2175 (RWD) listed on the 2nd page of the invoice?