Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Waiting Room

Nope, it requires you to provide the proof of registration entitlement which apparently would happen a day or two before your delivery.
When I showed up to pick up my car in November, the first thing that they did is to get me to sign a document confirming that I had taken delivery of the car. Then they handed over a Tesla folder which contained my car registration which is what you need to complete the rebate application.

They then got me to open the Tesla app to check that it had connected to my car.

They then walked me down to the car park to take me to my car whilst checking that I'd read the manual for the 10th time and reminding me that I've got 10 minutes to check the car blah blah blah. IMPORTANT: whilst they are doing this open your Tesla app, select "Controls", and the press the "Honk" button. A lot. The SAs love it when you honk the horn whilst they're trying to rush you. 😈

When I showed up to pick up my car in November, the first thing that they did is to get me to sign a document confirming that I had taken delivery of the car. Then they handed over a Tesla folder which contained my car registration which is what you need to complete the rebate application.

They then got me to open the Tesla app to check that it had connected to my car.

They then walked me down to the car park to take me to my car whilst checking that I'd read the manual for the 10th time and reminding me that I've got 10 minutes to check the car blah blah blah. IMPORTANT: whilst they are doing this open your Tesla app, select "Controls", and the press the "Honk" button. A lot. The SAs love it when you honk the horn whilst they're trying to rush you. 😈
What if I decline to sign anything before I see the car? 😇 BTW loved the ‘honk’ instruction would do that definitely …. atleast it will make the carpark echo( my giveback to Tesla for the killing wait times) 🤪🤪

Thought I'd join up to post here to help kill the time :D

M3 - LR
Exterior: Black / Interior: White
OD: 28/11/21
Vin: none
EDD: none

I'm trying not to check everyday, it'll turn up when it turns up, but my solar system installation was finished on Tuesday and now I'm hanging on every day again :(
i know the feel....

Maximillan

Oct 30, 2021
Sydney
What if I decline to sign anything before I see the car? 😇 BTW loved the ‘honk’ instruction would do that definitely …. atleast it will make the carpark echo( my giveback to Tesla for the killing wait times) 🤪🤪
The SA asked me what I was doing because the horn is loud and it was starting to *sugar* him - "Nothing, just finding my car mate!" 😇

The Delivery Remote Car Honk should become a thing, and we are counting on the class of Q1 2022 to make it a permanent part of the delivery experience!

The SA asked me what I was doing because the horn is loud and it was starting to *sugar* him - "Nothing, just finding my car mate!" 😇

The Delivery Remote Car Honk should become a thing, and we are counting on the class of Q1 2022 to make it a permanent part of the delivery experience!
It would be even better if we can get a newbie SA who has no clue.. it may truly *sugar* him 😂😂

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC