Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Not sure if ‘allowed’ or worthwhile but thought I’d start an Australian ‘Model 3 Waiting Room’, as all responses with the LR thread I’ve been viewing appear to be from our US friends. So feel free to join and contribute here, and hopefully assist in consoling our fellow impatient purchasers (me)! 😁

Order date: 12/11
EDD: nil
VIN: nil
Located: NSW

Reactions: gasmandave
I was you a few months ago 🥺... each day seems to drag while you're waiting... hang in there, it will be worth the wait.

I watched as many videos as I could while waiting and found that it definitely helped me a lot when the car arrived.

When it finally did arrive, we couldn't drive it as due to the Covid restrictions (lockdown) and the motor registry being closed, we were unable to register our cars here in Canberra for what felt like an eternity!

Reactions: rgc1990
I was you a few months ago 🥺... each day seems to drag while you're waiting... hang in there, it will be worth the wait.

I watched as many videos as I could while waiting and found that it definitely helped me a lot when the car arrived.

When it finally did arrive, we couldn't drive it as due to the Covid restrictions (lockdown) and the motor registry being closed, we were unable to register our cars here in Canberra for what felt like an eternity!
I’ve watched many videos, read many reviews and articles and daydreamed a lot 😂

Borrowing one for that weekend was definitely an eye opener and will assist in ownership in the beginning! :)

Oh no! That must have been a horrible time adding salt to the wound! How long have you had it on the road now?

Reactions: Gayle S
I think also Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia is a defacto waiting room, but the more general the merrier!

Model 3 LR, black interior, midnight silver exterior
Order date: 08/11
VIN / EDD: n/a
Thanks Marcin!
I’ll have a read also!
I’ll edit my post with my vehicle details like you as I neglected to do that it my original post! Four day difference in our order dates will be interesting to track side-by-side!

Four day difference in our order dates will be interesting to track side-by-side!

If I had just ordered a few days earlier it would’ve been “2-5 weeks” and I’d probably have it by Christmas, but I was still undecided until over the weekend. Maybe at least that means I’m close to the front of the queue for cancellations!

I had been waiting for the Y - was thinking maybe they’d open the order books that weekend, and then Veda tweeted his cryptic hint that it’d likely be Late 2022 instead so I made the decision.

If I had just ordered a few days earlier it would’ve been “2-5 weeks” and I’d probably have it by Christmas, but I was still undecided until over the weekend. Maybe at least that means I’m close to the front of the queue for cancellations!

I had been waiting for the Y - was thinking maybe they’d open the order books that weekend, and then Veda tweeted his cryptic hint that it’d likely be Late 2022 instead so I made the decision.
I was quite certain after my first day of test driving and ordered ASAP that evening. I hadn't looked at Tesla‘s in quite some time as I thought they were still ‘out of reach’ price wise.

I think the decision to get us in a Tesla sooner rather than later is the correct one. Fingers crossed for the both of us that some order cancellations or mass production occurs and we have shiny news cars for Christmas.

The wait for someone will soon be over. White LR and 2 Grey 🦄 headed out or Port Kembla this morning
img_20211203_091051.jpg